PMDG 747-400 Cockpit lights

Newboy Guest

How do we switch on the cockpit lights in the PMDG 747-400?

There is a switch for all the lights, but I cannot seem to find the switch to iluminate the cockpit itself. L or CTRL+L doesnt do it.

Thanks

Newboy.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
boomshiko Trainee

Have you tried SHIFT-L (panel lights)?

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

The picture should help you find the knobs with my instructions:

The button is at the bottom left of the panel. First you get the Storm switch and then you get three other knobs the one at the end of those three [DOME] should swtich your cockpits light on. Otherwise it's likely to be the knob on the left of the landing lights [just underneath the nacelle anti ice buttons].

cassiomc Guest

Thanks for the instruction about the knob on the left of the landing lights to light the panel !!

Cassio Castro

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello Newboy,

I'm glad to help you with the issue of illuminating the cockpit in your PMDG 747-400 for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. It's not uncommon for users to have some difficulty finding the right switches, as they can be quite small and easy to miss. Nonetheless, I'll guide you through the process.

First, let's focus on the overhead panel, which can be accessed by pressing Shift + 5. Once the overhead panel is visible, look for the DOME switch, which is located towards the left side of the panel, in the middle row of switches. This switch controls the general illumination of the cockpit.

Now, for more specific lighting control, you'll want to adjust the panel lights. To do this, head to the main panel by pressing Shift + 1. You'll find four knobs labeled PANEL BRT (Panel Brightness) in each corner of the main panel. Rotate these knobs by left-clicking and dragging the mouse to adjust the brightness of the individual panel lights.

Additionally, you might want to adjust the pedestal lights. You can access the pedestal panel by pressing Shift + 3. Similar to the main panel, you'll find PANEL BRT knobs in each corner of the pedestal panel. Adjust these knobs as desired for optimal lighting.

Keep in mind that some switches may be more challenging to locate depending on your screen resolution or zoom level. To ease the process, you can use the + and - keys to zoom in and out, respectively, allowing you to better locate and interact with the switches.

I hope this helps you enjoy your PMDG 747-400 experience in FS2004. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...