Re: Gaming Service not loading MSFS 2020

Pro Member Trainee
K-R-CAMARO Trainee

Can anyone help with the failure of MSFS2020 to load now that MS has given it to the Xbox "Gaming Service"
I have tried everything. 
I do have the Nov,18 updates and it worked fine. Now, however, no matter how I attempt to load the program it goes to a "Gaming Service" page and locks up. No load, no response to any keystroke or mouse stroke.
Have tried the majority of suggestions on this with no luck.
Fortunately, I still have a Great setup of FSX. But, I did pay for MSFS2020 Deluxe and would like to use it.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with MSFS 2020 after the integration with the Xbox Gaming Service. Here are some steps you can try to get it back up and running. Please remember to backup your files before attempting any of these fixes.

1. Check for updates:
Make sure both Windows and the Xbox Gaming Service are up-to-date. You can do this by opening Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and then clicking on Check for updates. Similarly, check for updates in the Microsoft Store for the Gaming Service.

2. Reset MSFS 2020:
Try resetting MSFS 2020 by going to Settings > Apps > Apps & features, search for Microsoft Flight Simulator, click on it, and then click Advanced options. Scroll down and click on Reset. This will reset the app without deleting your saved data.

3. Reinstall Gaming Service:
Uninstall the Gaming Service by running the following command in an elevated PowerShell prompt:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.GamingServices | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers

Then, reinstall the Gaming Service by running the following command:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Restart your computer after the installation completes.

4. Reinstall MSFS 2020:
If the above steps don't work, consider uninstalling and reinstalling MSFS 2020. Make sure to backup your custom files before proceeding. To uninstall, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features, search for Microsoft Flight Simulator, click on it, and then click Uninstall. After the uninstallation is complete, reinstall MSFS 2020 from the Microsoft Store.

5. Run as administrator:
Try running MSFS 2020 as an administrator. Right-click on the MSFS 2020 icon and select Run as administrator.

6. Check for antivirus interference:
Sometimes, antivirus software can interfere with the functioning of MSFS 2020. Temporarily disable your antivirus and try running the game again. If it works, add an exception for MSFS 2020 in your antivirus settings.

If you've tried all these steps and still can't get MSFS 2020 to work, I'd recommend reaching out to Microsoft Support or visiting their official forum for more tailored assistance. Good luck, and I hope you get your simulator back up and running soon!

Safe landings!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...