Saitek Autopilot Panel?

Pro Member Trainee
Steve (LTCSZ) Trainee

Does anyone have some experience with the Saitek Autopilot Panel? I am considering purchasing one for use with FSX-SE...Any opinions welcome! Thanks...

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hey there!

I have had the pleasure of using the Saitek Pro Flight Autopilot Multi Panel for quite some time now, and I can definitely share my insights on its performance with FSX: Steam Edition.

The Saitek Autopilot Panel is a great addition to your flight simulation setup, as it enhances the immersion and realism during your flights. With its physical controls for autopilot, it allows for more efficient handling of the aircraft and less reliance on the on-screen interface.

• Compatibility: The Saitek Autopilot Panel is fully compatible with FSX-SE, as well as other simulators like Prepar3D and X-Plane. You'll need to install the appropriate drivers, which can be found on the Saitek website. Additionally, you may need to download and use SPAD.neXt to configure the panel, depending on your simulator.
  • Build Quality: The panel is made from durable plastic and has a solid construction. The buttons and switches have a satisfying feel, and the rotary knob is smooth and accurate.
  • Ease of Use: The panel is quite straightforward to use, with clearly labeled buttons and dials. Even if you're not familiar with all autopilot functions, the intuitive design will help you learn quickly.
  • Integration: The panel integrates seamlessly with FSX-SE, and once you have it set up, it will automatically map the appropriate functions to the buttons and dials.

However, there are a couple of minor issues worth noting:

• Price: The Saitek Autopilot Panel can be a bit pricey, especially for those on a tight budget. However, the increased immersion and ease of use may justify the investment for many simmers.
  • Mounting Options: The panel comes with a mounting bracket, but you may need to purchase additional hardware or find a creative solution to secure it to your setup.

Overall, I highly recommend the Saitek Autopilot Panel for use with FSX-SE, as it greatly enhances the flight simulation experience. If you're looking to expand your hardware collection or improve your current setup, this panel is definitely worth considering. Good luck, and happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...