Saitek Panel Setup

Pro Member Trainee
1991GT-X Trainee

Hey guys. Does anyone know how to setup the Saitek switch panel and radio in FSX Steam? I just bought the flight yoke, trim wheel, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, switch panel and radio panel. I can setup everything in FSX except the panels. I've downloaded there drivers and plugin but when i go into settings/controls, they don't show up to assign buttons. Can anyone help? Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if this helps.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
1991GT-X Trainee

Thanks Radarman. I did everything he said to do to the T, and nothing happens when i go into FSX. The panels still don't show up in my control settings. I have windows 10 and the guy had windows 7. I'm not sure that might be different. Any other ideas? I hate to say this guys, but the people at Saitek do not know what they are doing. There tech support is horrible. They didn't know how to answer my questions on how to setup my switches. They told me to download the drivers from there site and install them. Then they told me to just go in the control settings in FSX and i should see them. Not.....

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Contact the main company, they should be able to help.

http://support.madcatz.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/53/mad-catz

Radar

RobertL Guest

I've got the same rig you describe and also had the Saitek Power Pack for the yoke which allowed me to plug the panels into the USB Hub on-board the yoke. I was using Win7 at the time and had problems with the Yoke abusing itself and disabling it's functions erratically and had three requests through Madcatz to help fix it. Turned out the problem was in the interference tolerance of the power plug for the On-board USB Hub. Once I got another USB hub and reinstalled the Yoke and panels using that, the problem was fixed. The Madcatz Tech Support people just kept telling me to reinstall the yoke (which would work for a bit, then the problems would start again). I've seen references to this problem on the internet (after I pulled all my hair out trying to get Madcatz to help...they knew about the problem but wouldn't acknowledge it!).
I recently upgraded my FSX Computer to Win 10 and had to reinstall FSX, and it all worked, but I found that the panels were intermittent in operation, so I went to the Saitek site and downloaded the new drivers, installed them and they not only worked, but give me a screen for each of the panels to test the switch functions. I'm sure FSUIPC may give you the ability to change the assignment for the switches, but generally, I've found that they work pretty well out of the box and use functions they define if they apply to the aircraft you're flying. The Active and Standby Radio settings only work if you're flying an aircraft which has that feature; if not, the Active is the only setting available for frequency changes.
There's also a "Launch the Flight Sim X Plug in Manually" in the Saitek Flight Panels App which is installed when the new Panel Drivers are installed in Win 10.
I then built a new computer and installed Win 10 and FSX, and had a couple of problems develop after their "Anniversary" Update for Win 10. Uninstalled then re-installed everything for FSX and equipment, and it worked again, but have started with problems crashing before completing flights. I think it's me trying to force better performance than it's willing to give. Not an unknown problem around this house!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...