Turning lights off on default aircraft

Pro Member Trainee
10Boom Trainee

Does anyone have problems with lights on default aircraft? They are on all the time, can't turn them off.  How can I turn them off?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there,

I understand your concern regarding the persistent aircraft lights in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. I've also encountered similar issues in the past, and I'd be more than happy to help you resolve this.

First and foremost, ensure that you're using the correct key bindings or switches in the virtual cockpit to control the lighting systems of your aircraft. In most default aircraft, you can typically find these switches on the overhead panel or on the main instrument panel. For reference, the default key bindings for controlling lights in MSFS 2020 are:

• Landing Lights: CTRL + L
  • Taxi Lights: CTRL + SHIFT + L
  • Strobe Lights: O
  • Navigation Lights: SHIFT + N
  • Beacon Lights: SHIFT + M

If you have already tried using these key bindings or switches without success, it might be an issue with the specific aircraft you are using. In this case, I would recommend checking the aircraft's documentation or searching online for any known issues and solutions.

In the event that the problem persists across multiple default aircraft, it could be an issue with your MSFS 2020 installation. To rule out any conflicts or corruption, try the following steps:

Reset your key bindings: Navigate to the Controls menu in the sim, and click on the "Reset to Defaults" button to ensure there are no custom key bindings causing the issue.

Check for updates: Make sure that your simulator is up to date by checking for updates in the Microsoft Store or the MSFS 2020 launcher.

Repair your installation: If the issue persists, you might want to consider repairing your MSFS 2020 installation. For the Microsoft Store version, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features > Microsoft Flight Simulator > Advanced Options > Repair. For the Steam version, right-click on Microsoft Flight Simulator in your library, click Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Files.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue with the aircraft lights. If you continue to experience problems, don't hesitate to reach out for further assistance. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...