Freeware Simmer sky textures

Pro Member Trainee
emartinez1540 Trainee

Does anybody know where I can locate a texture for a MD11 via Simmer Sky/Overlad "freeware?"

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there fellow flight simulation enthusiast!

I understand that you are looking for freeware textures for the MD11 by Simmer Sky/Overland. I've been using flight simulators for quite some time now, and I'm more than happy to help you locate some quality repaints.

First, let's explore the main base model and project, which can be found at Fly Away Simulation:
FSX MD-11 Simmer's Sky Project

Now that you have the base model, you can check out the repaints available on the same website:
FSX Civil Aircraft

Make sure to browse through the Civil Aircraft section. You'll find a variety of repaints for the MD11, and many of them are freeware. You can also use the search function on the website to narrow down your options specifically to MD11 repaints.

In addition to Fly Away Simulation, there are other websites where you can find freeware textures for the MD11. One reputable source I recommend is Simviation. You can navigate to their Microsoft Flight Simulator X section and browse through the available downloads. Don't forget to search for "MD11" to find relevant repaints.

Remember, when downloading and installing any repaints, always follow the instructions provided in the respective 'ReadMe' files. This will ensure that you properly install the textures and avoid any potential issues in your simulator.

I hope this helps you find the freeware textures you're looking for. Enjoy flying the MD11, and have fun exploring new repaints! If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask. Happy flying!

Pro Member Trainee
emartinez1540 Trainee

Thank you for the information.

Eric

Pro Member Trainee
emartinez1540 Trainee

Also, I dont know if you can answer this, but the radio stack is not visible. I noticed there is a comment about the same thing happeneing around 2015, but it didnt receive an answer. Do you possibily know how to remody this situation??

Thanks again...
Eric

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello Eric,

You're welcome! I'm glad the information provided was helpful to you. Now, let's address the issue you're facing with the radio stack visibility in the MD11.

It's possible that the radio stack is hidden by default or there's an issue with the panel configuration file (usually named panel.cfg). To remedy the situation, you can try the following steps:

1. First, make sure you're in the virtual cockpit (VC) view. You can access this view by pressing A on your keyboard or by selecting Views -> Change View -> Cockpit -> Virtual Cockpit from the menu bar.
  2. In the virtual cockpit view, try pressing Shift + 2 on your keyboard. This key combination usually brings up the radio stack window in most aircraft.
  3. If the radio stack is still not visible, you may need to edit the panel.cfg file located in the MD11's aircraft folder. Locate the SimObjects -> Airplanes -> <MD11 Folder> -> panel directory within your FSX installation.
  4. Make a backup copy of the panel.cfg file before making any changes, as a precaution. Then, open the original panel.cfg file using a text editor such as Notepad.
  5. Look for the following section in the panel.cfg file:
    [WindowXX]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=156,356
    position=8
    visible=0
    ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL
    gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 0, 0
    gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 0, 26
    gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2, 0, 104
    gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0, 182
    gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio DME, 0, 260
    gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio XPNDR, 0, 338

6. Change the value of visible=0 to visible=1 within the [WindowXX] section, and then save the panel.cfg file.
  7. Restart FSX and load the MD11 aircraft. The radio stack should now be visible in the virtual cockpit view.

Please note that "XX" in the [WindowXX] section should be replaced with the actual window number for the radio stack in your panel.cfg file. If you can't locate the section mentioned above, you might need to add it manually, following the same format as shown in the example.

If you continue to face issues or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to help. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...