Taxi to the gate

Pro Member First Officer
coolsan First Officer

Why is it that sometimes when I arrive at an airport I donĀ“t get the taxi to the gate option in the ATC menu. It's pretty annoying to fly 4000nm and then find out you can't get to the gate... Fear
I'm assuming it's because there is no gate available, so is there a way I can guarantee having a gate when I arrive?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Did you land at a big airport or a small one (if you use the goto function in fs9 can you opt for a parking space or just the active runway?)

If you can only opt for the active r/way that means there is no parking at that airfield

Have you tried Afcad2? This little prog lets you increase the number of parking spaces to any airport(you can even make up your own)

Let us know how you get on

TTT

Pro Member Trainee
paramesh Trainee

I encountered the same problem when i landed at phoenix intl airport with a 747 the airport was pretty empty only a couple of 737"son the gate and a md-80 holding short for take off. Yeah its really frustrating.I cant figure out a thing. anyways
Happy flying

Pro Member First Officer
Paiute First Officer

I have just a quick thought on this one. Were you still on the active runway when you tried to get ATC to give you taxi instructions?? If so, it may be that you have to get off the active runway before they will assign a gate.

Try it again-- get off the active runway and come to a stop. Then try to contact ground control for taxi to the gate instructions. If the problem is still there I don't know how to correct it. 😕

Guest Guest

coolsan,

I have seen that happen a lot, too. Yesterday I flew from San Diego, California, down to Cabo San Lucas, and I had permission to taxi and take off, but when I left San Diego airspace it seemed like ATC sort of "forgot" about me. I never had the option to request flight following, never got a prompt for "nearest airport," and never got to request permission to land, so when I landed I never got to request to taxi.

It just seems like ATC forgets you're there, and there's not much you can do to get their attention. I have wondered if I could file an in-flight IFR plan to let them know I'm there, then cancel it later.

Ed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...