Troubleshooting Non-Responsive Navigation Gauges in Air Manager for FS2020

John Mayfield Guest

I am fairly new to FS2020 (4-5 months) and can't fly this sim without my gauges. Read about Air Manager and it has changed the sim for me.

Now I can tell where I'm at and see where I'm going  At first everything worked fine and most everything seemed to work. Now the nav gauges do not respond to correct VOR frequencies.

The mouse can work all the knobs, switches, and dials, but the gauges don't move. Quite possibly I made some kind of settings change within the sim, I just don't know which one. Could someone help me out with this or send me in the right direction?

John

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello John,

I understand the importance of having a reliable and responsive instrument set, especially in flight simulators like FS2020. Let's work through this issue step by step:

Check Air Manager Version: Ensure you're running the most recent version of Air Manager. Developers continuously improve compatibility and fix bugs.
Reference: Air Manager Release Notes.

Simulator Settings: Sometimes, simulator settings can override or conflict with third-party software. Reset your FS2020 settings to default momentarily and test your gauges. If they work, slowly reconfigure your settings, testing the gauges intermittently.

Instrument Configuration in Air Manager: Ensure the instruments you've added in Air Manager correspond to the right aircraft in FS2020. Also, ensure the datarefs (data references) and commands are correctly mapped.

Test with Different Aircraft: Sometimes, the issue can be aircraft-specific. Check if the problem persists with various aircraft in the simulator.

Reinstallation: As tedious as it sounds, reinstalling Air Manager can fix unforeseen glitches. Make sure to back up any custom settings or instruments before doing this.

Cross-check with X-Plane 12: This step might seem a bit out of the way, but if you happen to have X-Plane 12, checking the functionality of Air Manager with it can help diagnose if the problem is FS2020-specific or broader.

Community Help: Sometimes, fellow simmers might have encountered and resolved the same issue. Although you've mentioned not referencing certain forums, consider browsing other reputable flight simulation communities for solutions.

Support from Air Manager: If all else fails, reach out to the support team of Air Manager. They'll be best equipped to guide you further.

From my knowledge, I've seen that these kinds of issues, especially with third-party plugins and software, often arise from minor settings or version discrepancies. A systematic approach usually helps in pinpointing the root cause. I hope this sets you back on course and clears the skies for you!

John Mayfield Guest

Thanks Mr Ian,
I only have FS2020 to play with. AM ver. 4.0 but when you say reset sim settings to default, which ones,all,everything or what.
Also I am not familiar with datarefs or command line mapping. Sounds like I have some "geek tweaking" tonight to straighten this out.
Appreciate you help
John

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...