Adjusting Cockpit Callout Volume During Landing

Pro Member Trainee
Buddyslick Trainee

Hi all. When I'm landing a big jet...I can barely hear the footage countdown In the cockpit...50....40....30....etc. is there any way to turn this up? My sound sliders in the MSFS program are at 100%. Thx....

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

First and foremost, I totally understand your concern. Being able to hear your altitude callouts clearly is vital, especially during those critical phases of flight, such as landing. Let's troubleshoot this issue together.

• External Software Interference: Sometimes, other software can adjust or interfere with your simulator's volume. Before diving into the simulator settings, ensure that no other application is altering or suppressing the simulator's sound output.
  • Audio Mixing in Your Operating System: Windows, for instance, has individual volume sliders for each running application. Ensure that:
    • Right-click on the speaker icon in your system tray.
    • Select 'Open Volume Mixer'.
    • Ensure the slider for MSFS 2020 is set to maximum.
  • MSFS 2020 Audio Settings: While you mentioned that your sound sliders in MSFS are set to 100%, it's still good to double-check some specifics:
    • Main Volume: This should be at 100% as you mentioned.
    • ATC Volume: This can influence the volume of ATC communications, including your altitude callouts. Ensure this is set appropriately.
    • Cockpit Sound: Adjust this to see if it influences the callout volume.
  • Aircraft-Specific Volume Settings: Certain aircraft may have their own audio settings or quirks within the simulator. Check the aircraft's manual or control panel for any audio-related options.
  • Third-party Add-ons or Mods: If you're using any third-party aircraft or sound mods, they could potentially interfere with the default sound settings. It might be worth temporarily disabling them to identify if they're the cause of the issue.
  • Driver & Hardware Check: Occasionally, outdated or conflicting audio drivers can cause anomalies.
    • Make sure your audio drivers are updated.
    • Try using a different set of headphones or speakers to rule out hardware issues.
  • Feedback & Support: If you've tried all the above and the issue persists, consider reaching out to the official MSFS Support Forums. Often, other simmers might have faced similar issues and can offer solutions.

In the meantime, if you could provide a bit more information, such as the specific aircraft you're flying, any add-ons you're using, or any other sound-related settings you've tweaked, I'd be happy to delve deeper into this.

Safe landings and hoping your next approach has clearer callouts!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...