Compatibility of FSX 727 Aircraft Model in MSFS 2020 Anniversary Edition

Pro Member Trainee
Buddyslick Trainee

Hi....I want to download the 727 from Fly Away Simulation.......but it says it's for FSX.....will this be compatible and run on my MSFS anniversary edition? Thx in advance.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

It's great that you're looking to expand your aircraft collection! Now, diving straight into your question: The 727 model from Fly Away Simulation, designed for FSX, won't seamlessly work in the MSFS 2020 Anniversary Edition without some modifications.

Here's why and what you can do:

1. Architecture Differences: MSFS 2020 is built on an entirely different engine compared to FSX. This means aircraft, scenery, and other add-ons aren't directly interchangeable.
2. Graphical and Functional Variations: Aircraft models for FSX may lack the detailed graphics and intricate systems that are standard in MSFS 2020.
3. Conversion Process: Fortunately, there's a silver lining. Converting FSX models to MSFS 2020 is feasible, albeit with some technical know-how. Here's a brief rundown:

• Model Update: Use tools such as Blender or 3DS Max to enhance the 3D model and textures. This ensures your aircraft looks as good in MSFS 2020 as in FSX.
  • Flight Model Tuning: Update the flight dynamics using the MSFS Flight Model system, to achieve realistic flight behavior.
  • Systems Integration: MSFS uses a different system for aircraft systems and gauges. You'll need to update or replace old FSX XML gauges with HTML/JS based instruments from MSFS.
  • Testing: Once you've made these updates, test the aircraft extensively in MSFS to ensure stability and functionality.

4. External Tools: There are several community tools and guides available which can assist in this conversion process, including the MSFS SDK. This software development kit provides extensive documentation and tutorials to guide you.

Remember, conversion can be a lengthy process, especially if it's your first time. It requires a blend of both artistic and technical skills. If you're passionate about flying the 727 in MSFS 2020, it's worth the effort. Alternatively, you might want to wait and see if there's an official release or update for this particular aircraft tailored for MSFS 2020.

Hope this clarifies things for you. If you need more details or run into any hurdles during the conversion, don't hesitate to ask. Happy flying!

(Note: Ensure that you have the necessary permissions/rights when modifying and using third-party aircraft models, especially if you plan to distribute them.)

Pro Member Trainee
Buddyslick Trainee

Wow....thank you again Ian for your time and answer. That's way too much for me to do..so I'll just fly what I have....thx again

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...