Refining Add-on Search to Specific Flight Simulators on Fly Away Simulation

Pro Member Trainee
norman macdonald (storminnorman) Trainee

Why can't I search for a particular Flight Simulator instead of listing all available SIMS?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for bringing up this query. I can absolutely understand where you're coming from. Having been deeply involved in the flight simulation community for decades, I've observed the changing patterns in how enthusiasts like you search for content and how developers try to cater to those needs.

Why the Broad Search?
The rationale behind designing the search function on Fly Away Simulation in its current form is to make it as user-friendly and accessible as possible. While we initially considered narrowing down the results based on specific flight simulators, the broader design was chosen to cater to both:

• Seasoned simmers who have specific requirements
  • Newcomers who might still be exploring the vast offerings in the world of flight simulation.

Optimized Search Technique
However, there's a simple way to get precisely what you're looking for. If you're searching for add-ons pertaining to a specific simulator, you can incorporate the simulator name along with the desired add-on in the search bar. For instance:

• For an A380 for FSX, you'd type in "FSX A380".
  • To look for an A320 for MSFS, simply key in "A320 MSFS".

By following this method, you effectively filter out irrelevant results and receive a tailored list of add-ons for your preferred simulator.

You can access the add-on search feature here: Fly Away Simulation Search.

The Future and Continuous Improvements
We continually aim to refine our platform based on feedback like yours. While the current design aligns with our intent to provide a blend of specificity and exploration, we are always considering new features and improvements.

I hope this offers clarity on our design choices and aids you in making the most of the search function. If you have further queries or require any additional details, don't hesitate to let us know!

Warm regards,

Ian

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...