Enhancing MS Flight Simulator X Scenery: Choosing the Right Add-ons for Optimal Visuals

Pro Member Trainee
phildo7979 Trainee

I just installed the Orbx global base pack, looks good so far. Should I buy and install Global vectors to complement the base? I have been looking at scenery such as water effects textures, road texture scenery, and team GEX-enhanced autogenic world scenery. I am just trying to make it look good. Any advice on what I should do?

Thanks. Phil 

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi Phil,

You've embarked on a fantastic journey with the Orbx global base pack in MS Flight Simulator X. I'm here to guide you through the next steps to enhance your flight simulation experience further.

1. Global Vectors and Their Role: Global vectors are crucial for a more realistic representation of coastlines, roads, and landclass data. Installing them alongside your base pack will bring a significant improvement in the authenticity of your simulated world.
  2. Scenery Add-ons: When considering additional scenery like water effects, road textures, and autogen enhancements, it's vital to balance performance with visuals. GEX-enhanced autogenic world scenery is a wise choice for a more immersive environment.
  3. FreemeshX Global Terrain Mesh Scenery: Before diving into more purchases, consider the FreemeshX Global Terrain Mesh Scenery available at Fly Away Simulation (here). It's a high-quality, free alternative that rivals many payware meshes.
  4. FreemeshX USA UHD Mesh Pack: For those flying over the USA, the FreemeshX USA LOD12 Mesh Scenery (link) is an excellent addition, offering unparalleled terrain detail.
  5. Compatibility and Performance: Always ensure compatibility between different add-ons and consider the impact on your system's performance. Striking the right balance is key to a smooth and enjoyable flight experience.

In conclusion, while the Orbx Global Vectors are a great addition, exploring free, high-quality options like FreemeshX can also significantly enhance your experience. Remember, the beauty of flight simulation is in personalizing your virtual skies.

Feel free to ask more specific questions or for further advice. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...