All that navigation for nothing? very sad.

Hi simmers,

I need to bear my heart out.

I took off from KSFO headed to KLAX via low altitude airways.
I was flying my just acquired 737 (i.e just downloaded:-))

flew the flight plan to the letter, way points, altitude and all. (mind you this was all VOR and no GPS!). KLAX approach vectored me for 9L.

I decended , procedure turn, and intercepted the ILS for 9L.

I flew the glide path like an art. After the MM, crosswind (no clue where they came from) pushed me out of the way.

I struggled to make a safe landing, but I could not.

...this was my first ever solo 'real' flight.

please console me 😞

VORman

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Such a sad story. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

You'll feel better tomorrow! 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

You poor guy. Yeah, sometimes it is frusterating. I had a similar experience. What I did was restart the flight and place the aircraft about 100 miles from the destination.
But. It just isn't the same.

Get yourself a bag of your favorite chips and hork'm down. Watch a good movie too!

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

What in lands sake were you doing flying a low alt leg from San Francisco to L.A. in a 737?! There is PLENTY of room between San.Fran. and L.A. to get into the mid 30s and stay there for a while. It is also much more efficient. As for the X-wind, In a heavy like the 737 you should crab into the wind until just before touchdown, then kick it strait with the runway and land.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...