AI aircraft question and contrail question.

ebthrasher Guest

Hello,

2 quick questions:

1. Is there a way to get the call sign, height, destination information for other aircraft that are more than 10 miles away? ATC is always talking to other aircraft, and I would like to know where they are, even though realistically I wouldn't be able to see them.

2. Is there a way to make the contrails of other aircraft last longer than 15 seconds. Would be cool to have really long contrails streaking through the sky.....

Thanks for your help!

EB

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Not really sure about the first question, though I believe that FS Live Traffic means you can monitor the flight plans, positions etc of all AI traffic.

I think there is an add on to increase the contrails of an aircraft, I'll have a look around for you. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hi,
I found something that may be useful. Go here ---> http://www.avsim.com/ and go to file library at the top, search in FS2004 Downloads and type "contrails" in the search bar. There are a couple on the first page, and a good one on the second page. Hope that helps. 😀

For the Live Traffic, here is a link for it. Learn how to use it, and it might be good fun 😀

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/4013/fs-live-traffic/

thrasherfan Guest

Hey thanks for the quick reply! I'll download those contrail files, and see if they work for me.

On the second question, I do have Ultimate Traffic. Is this the same type of program as Live traffic? I wonder if there is a config file anywhere that lets you change the max distance AI info is displayed???

Thanks again for your help!

Eric

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ill have a look in the config files, but I'm not sure whether they are in there.

I don't think FS Live the same as Ultimate Traffic because that adds aircraft, whereas I believe FS Live just tracks the aircraft. Agus04 is the best person to ask seeing as he gave the link.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...