PSS CONCORDE PRO - THIS WAY FANS !

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Hi all,

I've not been on the site much lately as PSS Concorde Pro from Justflight.com got released last week and I've been hooked ever since.

I'm surprised no-one else is onto it yet - this is a stunning add-on, the panel is like nothing seen before in FS2004 and the exterior model does this beauty justice.

A couple of things make this a really interesting aircraft to learn to operate (and I'm only about 20% in to that journey) :-

- The technical aspects of the plane are awesome
- It is totally different to ANYTHING else to fly (ie... no flaps)
- The fact that although so advanced, it's 35 years old !!

Day 1, I learned to start the engines properly (it takes 25 mins if you follow the checklist properly).

Day 2, I learned to set the aircraft up, taxi and take-off.

Day 3, I learned how to use the INS (Inertial Nav System), which was quite easy as it functions exactly the same as the 747 RFP system.

Also Day 3, I followed the TRANSONIC checklist and hit Mach 2.0 for the first time - this is new territory for FS2004.

Today is Day 4 and I am intending to land the Bird for the first time.

THERE MUST BE OTHERS THAT HAVE GOT THIS ALREADY SO SPEAK UP, AND WE CAN GET 'RATED' IN THIS MOST AMAZING AIRCRAFT TOGETHER !

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hi GPS,
I might buy it soon, as I have the money and love concorde!!!

Just a few questions though:
1. Does it seriously damage FPS as much as the 737 NG?
2. How much is it roughly?
3. Is it as complicated as the 737NG.

Thanks a lot 😀

Pro Member Captain

Hey Jolegg,

It's an awesome add-on, I won't use it as much as 737NG, or A320 Pro, because I like to simulate real flight schedules for real airlines, and I already flew Heathrow - Kennedy, and Paris - Kennedy twice in Concorde so there ain't a lot of variety in the Runways, Approaches etc that I'm doing in it.

Here's the answers to your questions:-

1. I find the exterior model is HEAVIER on FPS than 737NG, which is a shame really as Concorde is such a simple shape that it shouldn't be this heavy on the FPS.... it's not jerky, it's just that the livery takes a couple of seconds to load up (and thats a BIG pet hate of mine).

The 2D cockpit is where you spend most of the time because there is sooo much to do - it's not like an ordinary airliner because the ascent up to 58,000 takes a lot of different actions. The 2D cockpit is great on FPS.

The 3D is a little jumpy.

So definately worth considering these points if you don't yet have a high spec PC.

2. It costs £22 for the add-on on it's own, or about £30 for the "Limited Addition" that comes with an EXCELLENT DVD of a full flight.

THE DVD IS SO GOOD THAT IT IS ALMOST BETTER THAN THE MANUAL AT TEACHING YOU THE KEY STAGES IN GETTING CONCORDE UP TO FL580 and MACH 2.00 !

3. The funny thing is that the engine start is the most complicated bit (but you can use CTRL+E)..... there is no FMC but there is an INS (a very old navigation computer). It is complex but in a different way - it's 60s and 70s technology. Once the engines are started you can engage a "Virtual Engineer" who will look after all the complex fuel balancing etc.... so you can concentrate on the procedures necessary to get supersonic.

I definately wouldn't say the learning curve is anywhere near the same as 737NG but don't quote me on it !

It's more like Legendary 727 as an add-on but with a lot more to it.

Definatey worth having in the virtual hangar for special occasions that demand a special flight !

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Hi GPS-Kid,

Below are two of the aircraft out of the six you list in your sig. I am considering purchasing one of them. In your opinion is one a better software package than the other? Thanks! 🙂

PSS A319 Pro
PMDG 737-700

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Owning both myself, I think that my 737NG gets more use. The A320's flight dynamics are really enjoyable, and the systems are just complex enough for you to start learning things like the FMC and system dependencies without too much trouble, and it really is an incredible plane with great documentation.

However, the 737NG is certainly a more advanced plane. After managing the steep learning curve you'll really feel like you've mastered the plane. The outside model of the plane, as well as the re-paints availabe certainly look a lot better than the A320. The 2d panel, where I spend most of my time, really is incredible, especially with the 800/900 upgrade on the PMDG package. Although I will say, if you're a VC flyer, the Airbus has a much more frame-rate friendly cockpit, without sacrificing any quality!

So for me, the 737 will always have a place in my hanger, but GPS kid told me the other day the same about his A320. You won't go wrong with either one!

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Thank you, OG! 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Seeing is how https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2617/fs2004-fsx-concorde-collection/ doesn't have the entire Concorde up like they did back in 03', I can mail you the full Concorde, and a bunch more aircraft on a CD if you want to try a Concorde that's a little bit less complicated, but is still awesomely fun to fly in.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Seeing is how https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2617/fs2004-fsx-concorde-collection/ doesn't have the entire Concorde up like they did back in 03', I can mail you the full Concorde, and a bunch more aircraft on a CD if you want to try a Concorde that's a little bit less complicated, but is still awesomely fun to fly in.

Fem,

That is very nice of you to make this offer. Thank you! :👍 👍 👍 I will PM you my address. Btw, I have downloaded all the FSFrance's Concorde software, except for the panel, which I am still waiting for before I install it. 😞

michlin

Pro Member Captain

Hey Michlin,

Very hard question to answer as all down to personal taste....

O/Grunge is very accurate in his posting..... I guess the choice would need to come down to the following factors :-

- Which plane do you like best in real life ? / Which are you most interested in ?

- How much time do you have to learn the key systems ? The 737NG definately takes longer to learn to operate.

I use the A320 most at present because I am a bigger Airbus fan than a Boeing fan.... However the NG package is tehnically more advanced than the PSS A320 package.

Go with your heart my friend !

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

GPS-Kid,

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it. 🙂 🙂 🙂

michlin 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...