fmc pmdg

Pro Member Trainee
roadster123 Trainee

I don't have a glue what Iam doing wrong in getting this thing loaded right before a flight. think I got all info in then in flight it will tell me something is not loaded in.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Look through the documentation on the disc, and read it thoroughly. It is extremely long, but it is worth it 😀

Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

I would agree there, you will have a better understanding of the FMC if you have a look at the documentation. its not something that us as users can teach you in a few lines of info, and once you do you will master it just like I did and a few others in the forum have.

Good luck with it.

Patrick

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Read the manual under the start menu is a good tip.

So what exactly is it telling you isn't loaded in? If you're a little more specific we'll try and point you in the right direction.

Pro Member Trainee
roadster123 Trainee

Thanks guys. I have read the manual and will keep reading it. I know that its something I not getting put in right. You are also right that this is one of the best that I have ever seen. The next time I'll write down what it tells me and let you know. I think I just posted out of furstation...

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

In the words of an old Harry Belefonte song:

"It was clear as mud,
But it covered de ground,

and de confusion made me brain go round."

I feel your pain roadster,

I've had it for a week, and I have managed to get the engine start up routine from a cold dark cockpit down pat. I have flown the airplane quite a bit and familiarized myself with the Auto Pilot system.

I have read all the manuals (once)

I still have'nt managed to program a flight into the fmc properly (but almost)
I always seem to run into some glitch..I find the most problems with entering the route. It seems that waypoints from from fs9 IFR Flight Plans don't always seem to be in the FMC data base(I have the latest one downloaded). I also seemed to get tangled up when I'm trying to enter airports that don't have STARs for destination airports.

I'm wondering if you just remove those waypoints that aren't in the data base and program to fly direct to the next one or what? How would that affect ATC re: your flight plan..This is going to take some time. Slowly but surely... Read

This won't be measured in days or weeks; it will be months I think.. 😎

Pro Member Trainee
roadster123 Trainee

I understand you pain. It's going to take a long time but will be worth it I think. I got the lastest sid and star. I think I get the flight plan loaded and it seems to be tracking flight plan. just flew from atlanta to tampa got to looking at the fmc and it showed not on intercept heading and vnav dissconnected. I got there cause I fly it every day. I do belive this will make one a better pilot in the long run. I'll keep plugging at it.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

What waypoints have you found to not be in there? (i.e.: what regions do you find the most missing waypoints?) I know that there are a lot of pathways like "J44" or "J156" etc. etc. that you see in the flight plan that aren't in the FMC database, but as far as I know all of the waypoints I've ever needed have been in there.

If you end up just doing direct-to changes in your flight plan, you either need to notify the ATC if you're flying on-line, or go through the flight-plan you setup through Flight Simulator and delete those waypoints from the original flight plan. Microsoft's ATC will keep re-directing you to what it "thinks" is your flight path otherwise.

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Thanks Captain,
that was very helpful. I'm not at my own puter right now but yes, I think I did mean pathways, not waypoints..

Next time I run into a glitch maybe I will make a screenshot and let you or someone else help me figure out what to do....

Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

If anyone out there is using FsNavigator, did you know you can export flight plans from FSNav and import them directly into the FMC. I have done this and it works very well. I only program the destination airport and not the runway untill I get close and base on wind direction (I use real weather) and ATC then I will program the arrival runway. Been doing it that way for the last 6 months and have had no problems.

Patrick

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...