Landing Pointers and Tips

usair653 Guest

hey- i need some tips- i have alot of problems with landing... I mean i can land... but.. not on the runway... it's really frustrating for me to land because i'll be good until right b 4 the threshold.. I only made 2 'good' landings so far (since i've been flying FS9) - so could you just give me a few pointers? thanx

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

1st what are you flying?

One easy way is to set a flight and as you are about 10 mile from the airport hit "Alt" and save the the flight by giving it a name.Now you can practice,practice,practice by selecting that flight

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

This sounds like it could be fun to help you out. What aircraft are we talking about here, and are you trying to land ILS, also, have you taken the lessons on how to fly the aircraft?

usair653 Guest

well... really any... right now i am flying a Boeing 717... so i mean.. i get the speeds right and everything, it's just bringing it all together- and i am landing ILS

pratcise, practise, practise.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

ILS

THIS IS FOR IFR FLIGHT!

1. When ATC says something liek "WifeBeater 767, you are 32 Miles away. Turn right heading 105, descend and mantain 2,500 feet, cleared ILS runway 36R Approach". You have to click on your MAP icon in your cockipt. Then, move your mouse over the destination airport. Mind you, the airport MUST have the ILS feathers (thes are the green things that point to the runway). Double click on the airport. A list will show up. Scroll down the list untill you see a chart that shows Runway numbers. FInd 36R, or whatever your runway is. You look to the right and see a radio frequency. We'll use 100.100 because its easy to remember. Don't forget the frequency.

2. Open up your Radio Stack, and enter in 100.100 in the NAV1 Radio, usually the righmost radio number is the one that can be messed with. After you enter it 100.100, using the mouse wheel or clickin it. Press the button that looks like thsi somewhat, its in the middle of the 2 radio displays <-----> That changes the NAV1 Radio frequency from whatever it was, to what it is now (100.100)

3.Turn on the NAV1 Radio by clicking the switch at the bottom of the radio stack, unless its already on, like with the LearJet.

4. If you have Autopilot, and you are using GPS to follow waypoints, switch the NAV/GPS button back to NAV!!!! YOU CANT FORGET TO DO THAT!!! YOU'LL BURN AND DIE IF YOU DONT!!

5. Follow ATC directions to approach. Now, when you approach the Runway, you will see the pink arrows near your attitude indicator move...usually Heading first, then Altitude. Simply fly in the directon and atitude of the pink arrows intull they center themselves, that means you're on the glideslope!

6. If you wanna use the autopilot to fly the approach, simply follow steps 1-4, then click the APPR button on the autopilot panel.

Guest Ed Guest

FEM,

I knew that was coming. . . 😂

Ed

Guest FEM Guest

Well, sometimes it helps. Other times no, so i figure why not

usair653 Guest

wow! thank you alot FEM! that info really helped me out!

Guest Ed Guest

usair653 wrote:

wow! thank you alot FEM! that info really helped me out!

Yeah, I knew that was coming, too. 😂

I'm sorry, FEM, I know it's a useful post, and that's why it keeps showing up. But it just cracks me up-- every time somebody asks a question about landing, or ILS, I think "Here comes Wifebeater 767!"

You must have a hotkey that sends "Wifebeater 767!" Keep up the good work, FEM. You're all right. 😉

Ed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...