777 and ATC Sound Questions

Pro Member Trainee
bennubird Trainee

Hi All...couple of questions:

Several of my 777's have obscured views when viewing from inside the cockpit. If I look out the left pilot's window, I see a wall. This problem also occurs in VC view. Is this a problem with the model? I've tried removing interior textures, but that does not help. What can be done about this? These are all Meljet versions of the 777.

Secondly, I can barely hear ATC; it's like somehow the volume has been turned down internally. What can be done about this? I have to play the volume extremely loud to hear ATC.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Bennu

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if this helps with the sound issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;812394

If you are using the num pad to see the cockpit then use the "+" and "-" to zoom in and out.

See if that works for you also.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
bennubird Trainee

Radarman

Thanks for the reply. I was able to make the necessary adjustments to hear ATC better. I did not realize that I had my engine sounds at like 100% and ATC at about 30%. I thought I had checked that.

The obscured cockpits are something else. I'm almost certain that after I upgraded my model they became obscured. I cruised over to Meljet.com and read that if panels display incorrectly that I should upgrade my video device drivers. Frankly, I don't think that's the problem, but I will check that. I was hoping someone else had the same issue. If I reduce the panel to zero using "w" then I can look all around without obstruction, but if the panel is displayed or I'm in VC and I look to my left I see a door and a partition. Weird. Great aircraft though so I fly them anyway. Wonder what the passengers would say if they knew the captain couldn't look to the left. 😂

Bennu!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You'd be surprised what the change of drivers can do if your panels are blacked out especially if you have an NVIDIA card.

The passengers would say Help!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
bennubird Trainee

Thanks for all the suggestions; looks like I'll just have to keep those passengers on the edge of their seats because the new drivers did not address the issue. I'm fairly confident it is the aircraft model. It'll just take some time to sort out.

Bennu

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I have had this problem with Mel-jets(its all to do with the cabin views)
Ive forgoten what I did ,so Ill d/load a new onw and come back

Pro Member Trainee
bennubird Trainee

Thanks for your assistance. I get an email notification, so I'll check back when you have a chance to give an update.

This is the weirdest thing. In VC view, the cabin door is actually on the front left side of the screen rather than behind the flight deck as you would imagine. The view of the entire left side is blocked.

Bennu

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Ive d/loaded the paint job 777 and its OK
The trouble with Mel-jets is the virtual cabin is built into the model

Try deleting the penel folder and copy and paste the one from the default 777

Pro Member Trainee
bennubird Trainee

I think this problem started when I applied the v2 patch a while back. I have found a GE and PW version without the obstruction. So I can use those to repair my GE and PW 777s. Removing the obstruction is as easy as removing the defective model. I just need to find a RR model that is not defective. Thanks for your help!

Bennu

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...