Approach Hold

Hello

I was wondering, using the AutoPilot in the 737 is pretty easy, but landing manually is kind of hard.

If im travelling at 150 knots at final approach using ILS during the ATP lesson. I cant ever seem to find a good rate of descent. What i mean is, i cant exactly see out the window so lining up the plane, takes a lot of patience and then i look away from the glide slope for 1 second, and its kind of hard to recover from that.

So does anyone know a good rate of descent for an ILS landing.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

It is about 500-700 fpm.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

depends on the plane, but in your case, mypilot hit it near perfect. As you get closer, it gets less, but that's like duh😛

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Good rule of thumb is groundspeed x 5. Therefore 100kts GS =500fpm

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

That's neat PH! 🙂

Ok, well if my airspeed is 150 knots

then i should be descending at 750 feet per minute.

Well thanks a lot you guys. 😛

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...