Screenshots in the Forums???

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Hi folks........couple of ????

1.Can we post screenshots of stuff in the forums?
2.If we can, how do we do it?

Ive seen other people posting them but not too sure on the rules

cheers

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if this helps.
Try to keep them 800x600 so people don't have to scroll from side to side.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1067/how-do-you-post-images/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

i'll try it with my bike on ebay:-

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

cool it works, great cheers for that Radarman.

So am i right in saying we cant use our screenshots from our "my pictures" folder on our pc's to upload to a forum, we can only use these to upload to the gallery, and the only screenshots we can post here are ones that are already on the web?

have i got that right?

cheers

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

PS:-Im not trying to advertise my bike here, i just used it as a "tester" feel free to bin it off the site radarman if you wish.

many thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Right, you upload to the gallery and post whatever you have on a site on the net.
Nice bike.

Use this to post a pic in your post or signature.

http://www.photobucket.com/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Thank goodness for photobucket. I have also attempted to post some to the gallery w/ limited success. I do not know why some are accepted and some are rejected but guess it's a subjective thing. Here is another one that I tried to post w/no luck. Some of the ones that are fairly good don't make it either but oh well, that's the way it goes.

Hawaiian Airlines DC-10-ER arriving at PHNL on runway 4-R. By: orlandogeorge.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Orlando, i say again, those are superb screenies!!! 😎 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

yep

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

OG,
They are not rejected by Flyaway (no I'm not defending him) they are not accepted by the software for some reason.
After a few errors on my part now all of the screens I submit are accepted.
no symbols (-+*%#), no spaces, keep the name short.

Why not name your screens OG1, OG2, you named the one in your post with "spaces, symbols and it's too long", that shot most likely wouldn't be accepted.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

This is one of my favorites:

RAF Hercules of 24 SQN dropping paratroopers off over Dartmoor, Devon

Pro Member First Officer

sonic,

Try re-posting that RAF Herc shot if u can. -If it's a fave I would like to see it. 🙂

BTW, speaking of seeing it, did anybody get the latest edition of PC PILOT
magazine yet? A pretty good issue dedicated to heavy iron. Comes with CD Rom which includes a free plane. -Supermarine Spitfire. Has working machine guns and an animated pilot. 🙂

Also, I was wondering if anyone can instruct on how to install a splashscreen from a screenshot? 😕

Aloha old colors VFR landing.

Aloha 737 at homebase FBO - PHTO/Hilo. Cargo ramp.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer

RM,

I have exchanged emails with Rana and we know each other a bit from the dl link above. Issue w/ this addon is that it tends to make changes w/o proper authorization. Upon installation there are various scenery and settings issues. In addition, he tells me that some of it's functions are not yet fully up and running. Please don't get me wrong as Rana and I get along fine and I don't have any 'problem' with the software. Thanks for taking the time to post it here. Your time to do that is appreciated! 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

OG,
He's posted a few times in this forum and seems to be the type that likes to help people.
I hope he gets the program worked out for his and everyone else's sake.
Thanks for the tip.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...