BlueSphere Project (freeware)

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

I just came across this. I am in the process of downloading this 79 MB freeware package right now so I cannot comment on it yet. Selecting an FS image on the page shows you what this software is supposed to achieve. It looks impressive

Check it out: http://members.chello.nl/g.kranenbarg/gwkhome/BlueSphere.htm

P.S. While I downloaded the package as one file, the BlueSphere Project is available in five (or is it six) separate files on AVSIM.

Last edited by michlin on Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Here is one image from the author's (Gerrit Kranenbarg) site revealing the improvement in FS9 after installing the BlueSphere package.

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

wow, that looks pretty cool 😎

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

I just downloaded, installed, and of course took a quick test flight. I am pretty impressed so far and frame rate seemed unaffected, running from 32 to 45fps.
It does tell you that if you installed other scenery it may over write it which for the airport anyway seems to be true. Make a backup
I have installed so much stuff though, I am thinking of doing a complete reinstall, add blueshpere, US roads, U.T. and a few other add-ons that I really like.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Mike,

That sounds great. 😀 I still have not had a chance to install it. 😞 I am getting ready to go away for a few days and will install it when I get back. I can't wait to see the improvements.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀
Looks great

D/loading now,will let you know

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 I like this 😀

The ground seems sharper,and the visability setting is now much better and mist now looks like mist 👍

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Yeah, it does make a difference. 😀 A definite improvement. 🍻 I have installed all the "seasons" but have not had time to check them all out yet.

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

😀 I love it , 😀 I love it, 😀 I love it.

Thanks for giving me the website. The Freeware is great. 😛

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

The installer did not seem to work there is patches were it did work but most is still the same as before and the visibility still looks the same.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...