747 VOR

The 747 does not have two VOR displays just like the cessena, so how can you know when you pass or reach an intersection that is defined by radials from 2 VOR's. (Forget the GPS - i don't use it yet)

I can figure out intersection/points that are defined by DME on a radail,

Thanks
MR GPS (did not sign in)

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Wow - If you are identifying Intersections using this method you are pretty advanced in terms of Navigation..... I let the Flight Management Computers use the 2 x VORs to do it for me !

You're basically correct, the default 747 does not allow for Navigation methods to this degree, and I guess the simple answer would be that to navigate to Intersections in this particular plane you'd need to use the GPS.

In most add-on Airliners, you'd have that second VOR so you would be able to ID the Intersection manually in this way.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Isn't there a switch you can flip so that you can toggle between the 2 displays? I thought it was on the bottom of one of the computer screens? 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

You might be thinking about the GPS or NAV switch. I havn't seen a switch like that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

No, it was the EICAS switch

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Is that in the original panel?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...