fs videos

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Can you explain to me how to make a fs2004 how to edit it,the best tools ect.I have heard of fraps but it kills the frames and its payware.

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

There is a new version of Fraps out now(released 19 March)
You can use the trail version for 30 sec clips and with a little editing you can put them together
I used the trail version to make the videos in our d/load section ➡

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/86/fs2004-movies/

If you have XP then you have a great video editing tool for free

Sometimes the above will not work Hack if not use this one and select movies

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads.html

Last edited by tomthetank on Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Yeah but it just doesn't work on my PC .... boo hoo hoo ! .... and those darn chaps at FRAPS have kindly igonred every email I ever sent them for help Twisted Evil

Saying that...... I tried 2 other similar free video capture downloads and they none of them work for me ..... I wonder if new Dell PCs ship with some sort of block for this type of stuff.... Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Just made some videos and screenshots and the quality was crap and when I start to record my fps drop horrible.Is there any other good recording program thats free.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They have a demo also.

http://www.video-capture.info/

Let us know how it is.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Ahh GPS-KID, You will soon learn that Dell blocks/finds a way to block everything.

For example, When i ordered the PC i have now, it came with supposedly, a Sound Blaster Audigy 5.0 Sound Card. Now, about a month ago, I lost the drivers, and had to re-boot the entire PC, everything but the sound card had drivers, and for some reason, Dell's exact drivers that i HAD in the PC before the reformat didn't work. So i headed over to Creative's website, and had them do a free diagnostic to see what sound card I REALLY had, and, as it turns out, I have the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS card. Which, according to my friend, is the second best. Now, explain how Dell "tricked" my card into making it about 3 down from what it is now??? 😕 😳

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

how do I get easy video capture to run smoothly.When I started recording the aircraft mooved a bit every ten seconds.What key frames/sec,recording Interval AVI play rates should I enter to get a smooth video and how high should the quality be?

It works like a charm on my system.

Compiled for your flying enjoyment by David "Opa" Marshall

My thanks to the great guys in the Avsim General Discussion Forum for their suggestions on programs (specifically the FRAPS program) to try.

Making screen savers using Fraps is not limited to FS flights - you can capture any portion of virtually any game.

Questions and/or constructive comments may be directed to

David "Opa" Marshall
opaflightsimaddict@verizon.net

😛

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Is there anything else besides fraps cause i've got it but i'm definatley not too impressed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

They have a demo also.

http://www.video-capture.info/

Let us know how it is.

Radar

Try this.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I just did my first video using camtasia but the frames were not much better than fraps.Do you know of any other recording programs ❓

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...