Best Addons for FS2004

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

What are your best addons for FS2004??

Mine is RIAT (Royal International Air Tattoo) by Visual Flight, I payed £14 for this and it is the "Dogs Danglys" as we say in the UK 😂

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

So far all I have is Ultimate Traffic and USA Roads and I'd buy them again if these didn't work in FSX.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Ive managed to download ALL the PAI packages and they work pretty well, would you say Ultimate Traffic is better and if so why?

AI traffic is afterall what makes a flightsim

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Rumor has it that "UT" has all the aircraft that is in PAI so basically I paid for the ease of loading.
It of course has an automatic update system and an excellent traffic system.
I can load any country that I want without loading my h/d with places I never fly.
It also has a few "toys" that only can be had when you buy it.
I've never used them, I think there is a traffic avoidance system and a palm pilot of some type.

When you come down to it I would have used PAI if it didn't have to be a chore loading whenever you reinstalled.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

I only just found out yesterday that if you unzip all of the packages into the installer folder you can install them all at once, saving a hell of alot of time, shame i had learned the hard way Embarassed

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Wow RM - I have Traffic 2004 and I have been considering UT for a while but wasn't sure what other benefits it would give me - the ability to load restricted areas of traffic would really interest me (same as you for HD space), so cool - didn't realise it had this ability.

Might just pick it up at the weekend 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

As for traffic add ons (I have T2004) I would save your money and go with PIA(free)
You just install what you need(they have real flight plans/seasonal)

T2004 is very good,but I used PIA before and there is very little difference,just a few bells and whistles you could do without,or get for free

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Will have to look into this one.....

PS. TTT - I am downloading and re-trying FRAPS tonight... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

FRAPS is quite good, for making video footage but just for photos i prefer FSscreen.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

GPS good luck with Fraps

Check PM 😉

My latest addon is VOXATC. It's payware but it provides real voice interaction with ATC. So much better than pressing 0-9 on the ATC menu. It's in it's early development and currently doesn't interact with any AI traffic in FS but does have other comms going on. There is a prompt window to show exactly what to say but it can be hidden when you feel confident to talk without it.

It's not like shoot voice for converting commands like 'Gear Down' to keyboard commands. This application listens to what you say and reacts accordingly.

Be prepared for strange looks as you sit talking to your PC and it talks back to you.

Also have USA Roads, GA Traffic, a few replacement textures, clouds and lighting.

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

PDMG's 737NG, Airbus A340Pro and hte Howard 500 are great.
The Lago scenery is stunning, as is the Manhattan add-on.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...