Sidewinder Joystick Problem

andyh2004 Guest

Hi,

Having an issue trying to use a ms sidewinder joystick with fltsim 2004.

problems:
- very jerky screen
- joystick doesn't control correctly (up and down ok...turns, big problem)
- feeds back at incorrect times

System:
pIII running win2000

Once i disable the joystick the sim works great. I have downloaded the latest driver upgrade for the sidewinder but when i attempt to install msg pops up saying upgrade not required.

I would be thankful for any insight....

cheers,

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Hi andyh2004

When you say you are running Win 2000 do you mean Win ME or that thing which was the forunner of XP

XP has a problem with sidewinder(even thou they are both Microsoft)and are no longer being made because of this

Have you been to the knowledge base

http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=true&Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&withinResults=&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Product=swp&Queryc=XP&Query=XP&KeywordType=ALL&maxResults=25&Titles=false&numDays=&InCC=on

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...