Boeing or Airbus?

Answers 49 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

Has to be boeing for me.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I like Boeing, they seem more complex, and you get to do the flying, not the computer.

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

I vote for Boeing as they make Missiles, Rockets, Fighters, VTOL, Special tooling & Test equipment, DoD software, Space equipment, helicopters, Ship jet propulsion and other things that are on a list as long as one's arm in addition to passenger aircraft.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I voted for Airbus. Yes, I am an Airbus fan. Everybody knows it....or should know it 😂 I am not againts Boeing. I like all the Boeing planes and sometimes I fly some 757 and 777. Does someone remember when I joined Fly Away? I used to say that the Boeing 777 was my favorite Tongue Well it is my favorite Boeing, but not my favorite aircraft. Look at my pic in the signature and you will see my favorite aircraft.

Umm... I am going off topic with this. Off Topic! Ok, don't blame me.

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

If its not Boeing....I'm not going!!!

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Boeing certainly gives my brain more of a work out. As far as efficiency, smoothness, and what I believe to be more practical, I'd vote Airbus; but for pure enjoyment of flying it's certainly Boeing!

There are actual airports United flies to that I don't touch just because they're solely serviced by Airbuses!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I recently downloaded some 2 videos from www.a340.net (I think). One being a 747 preparing to take off and the other 340 also preparing to take off and the actual take off. Airbus is soooo automated, I could imagine it being the quite boring to fly. If I was a pilot 😳 then I'd definitely choose Boeing. Plus, I think the new Airbus looks...erm.. Puke Up

Pro Member Chief Captain

99jolegg wrote:

Plus, I think the new Airbus looks...erm.. Puke Up

Are you talking about the A380 or the A350? Well, the A380 looks awesome for me. I think that all the Boeing fans are just jealous because Airbus released a bigger plane than the 747-400.

Pro Member Chief Captain

A380. Lol! Bigger isn't always better. Its the front I don't like, it just looks very strange to me. A380 use is limited to something like 16 airports at the moment 😞

Pro Member Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

99jolegg wrote:

Plus, I think the new Airbus looks...erm.. Puke Up

I think that all the Boeing fans are just jealous because Airbus released a bigger plane than the 747-400.

Not so! Us Boeing fans still have a heavy-weight contender! The 777-300LR was just released around the same time as the A380, capable of flying something in the neighborhood of 10,000 miles (I forget the exact figure), meaning it can do non-stop from Heathrow to Sydney!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Come on! The A380's nose looks cool. Yeah, it might look a little weird but it's cool and I like it.

Originalgrunge, I really like the 777-300LR. It's an awesome aircraft. And you know what? In this computer I have an Air France B777-200ER as my background.
In the other computer I have two A340-600.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

I say Boeing

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Controller: "FAR1234 confirm your type of aircraft. Are you an Airbus 330 or 340?"
Pilot: "A340 of course!"
Controller: "Then would you mind switching on the two other engines and give me a 1000 feet per minute, please?"

Pro Member Chief Captain

Chris102 wrote:

I say Boeing

As does the poll, but not sure where the other percent got to. It adds up to 99% Umm...

Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

Boeing and Airbus are amazing aircrafts, and the two aircrafts have good and bad things.
I, personally, prefer the airbus, due to the high technology incorporated in the aircrafts.
But flying a Boeing is like driving a car with manual transmission.

More votes please!!!!
thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I go for Boeing.

spuddi Guest

You've gotta hand it to airbus though. having all the cockpits the same, sure must keep the cost of training down, and you cannot say that the a340-600 isn't a mighty fine looking plane.
I agree the 380 isn't the best looking, but we all will want to see that mother up close.

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

I like having Airbus and Boeing in the world - they take different approaches to aircraft engineering, design and manufature... Airbus is hooked on automatic flight regime technology where Boeing's products see more popular from a Pilot's flying perspective.

The two manufactureres together bring great variety both in the real and Sim Aviations worlds.

Amen.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Which is best in terms of a regular passenger's view (i.e. comfort etc). I don't fly too often, and don't think I've been on a Boeing for a good few years (If ever).

Pro Member Captain

Nearly everyone who has flown both says that Airbus has roomier planes. This all depends on the airlinethough. Standing at 6'3 I find that American Airlines gives me great leg-room in coach, but Jet Blue just squishes me in there!

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

I am all for Boeing but i do not completely like Airbus. But I give Airbus props for getting the A380 together and i wish the plane good luck. But with Airbus just going out and putting the A350 toghter as a fast competition for the Boeing 787. It won't work. Come 2007 or 2008 whenever the Boeing 787 is first flown, it will be the king of the skies.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Did you guys see that video of a A-320 that Air France made computer automated...it came in to land, and crashed into a nearby forest, in a huge fireball....Yeah, I voted Boeing.... Idea

5o'clock_charlie Guest

Greetings,

I have watched the video You've mentioned FEM.
If my memory serves me, it was in the early days of Airbus. Terrible advertisement, to say the least.
I watched another one at Flightlevel350.com with a happier ending. The purpose of that exercise was to showcase the manouverability of the aircraft at low speeds. Impressive. Unfortunately the quality of the actual footage is not good.

Now about this "fly-by-wire" -stuff. I am not singling You out FEM as I get the impression that You take a serious interest in all things connected with aviation. But as for the majority of us, honestly, do we really know just how "fly-by-wire" works and why it was conceived in the first place?

Incidentally it was not European but American aviation which first experimented with "fly-by-wire" and again, unless I am already on the "senile-path", I seem to recall that one of the U.S.Navy fighter planes was used as a testbed for early stages of the technology.

I would like to stress that Airbus being the sole manufacturer using and pushing this technology is a misconception.

The video You refer to FEM would leave many with the impression that fly-by-wire is unsafe. I would like to contradict the old adage about first impressions. After all we also use the expression "Teething Problems".

My personal, humble opinion is that fly-by-wire is here to stay and continue until something better comes along.

For those interested (I just found the article I read again) Google to:
wikipedia.org - select English from the homepage and type: fly-by-wire.
This will redirect You to a page headed: Aircraft flight control systems. Do Yourself a favour and study the whole page and some of the links, too - FASCINATING!

Enough, I am getting carried away,

Humbly, 5o'clock_charlie

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Excellent posting 5 o'clock charlie..... could not agree more.

So many people talk about that same accident (the only one in the 17 year history of the A320 where the fly-by-wire was called into question).

Considering the numbers of Boeing and Airbus in the skies is roughly comparable, see how many Airbus planes are featured on programmes like Air Crash Investigation, compared to all of the Boeings !

Most Airbus incidents happen due to pilot misunderstanding of the systems (and usually not too long after cross training over to Airbus).

I stick with my opinion that I like having both manufacturers around - but I think it's just not accurate to state that Airbus are less safe than Boeing - the stats just don't back this up.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

The video was taken at a French airshow and I think before any Airbus aircraft were being used by pax

The aircraft was to come in low over the runway and climb away
But the onboard computer thought that because the flaps and undercarrage had been deployed the aircraft was going to land
The "safty envelope" prevented the aircraft from climbing(the computer thought this would produce a stall)and by the time the pilots applied full power,the engines started sucking in pine neddles(not good No, No! )There were 136 people on board(guests and members of the press) ➡

There were several incidents early on where pilots who had aborted a landing(for whatever reason) the aircraft would not climb because the computer would override any pilot input
There is a film of an Airbus which was doing a go-around,which shows the aircraft turning left and right as the pilots struggle with the controls
Will try and find this

Pro Member Trainee
Pitt Trainee

CP16 wrote:

Which aircrafts do you prefer,
Boeing or Airbus?

i prefer both, I've being on JAL Boeing 747, China Eastern Airbus A340, Qantas 737 both are good I guess.

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

If it ain't Boeing I'm not going 😀 Plus Boeing planes are alot easier to fly and, are more human control. I don't know about the whole completely automated thing. But with time Boeing will be rather pilot free too. Hack

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

I prefer Boeing over Airbus.

On my recent trip to Australia, I flew in a B 737-300 there, and a brand new A320 back. The Airbus wasn't quite as loud and a little smoother, however i guess both manufacturers are neck and neck now as the -300 is quite an old plane.

From a pilots point of view, I would also prefer Boeing, it would be more excting to fly, especially on long haul flights.

jarred_01 wrote:

On my recent trip to Australia, I flew in a B 737-300 there, and a brand new A320 back. The Airbus wasn't quite as loud and a little smoother, however i guess both manufacturers are neck and neck now as the -300 is quite an old plane.

From a pilots point of view, I would also prefer Boeing, it would be more excting to fly, especially on long haul flights.

It seems like so many people think that a Boeing is much better for longhaul than Airbus. I used to fly the the 742, and am now on the A346. Flying for 12 hours with a yoke jammed inbetween your legs doesnt make for the most comfortable experience. The seats are less comfortable also. The A340 however has the sidestick, much more comfortable seats and a roomier cockpit.

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

As a passenger, I'd rather fly an airbus aircraft, as a pilot, I'd prefer Boeing. I'd hate to just assume my computer is doing its job correctly, and stare at the instruments all day, knowing I could be in control of the 300 people behind me, and not some man made configuration full of wires that don't add up to the average joe pilot. With that said, both are very good. Each has it's benefits and it's detriments.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

jarred_01 wrote:

It seems like so many people think that a Boeing is much better for longhaul than Airbus. I used to fly the the 742, and am now on the A346. Flying for 12 hours with a yoke jammed inbetween your legs doesnt make for the most comfortable experience. The seats are less comfortable also. The A340 however has the sidestick, much more comfortable seats and a roomier cockpit.

I agree with you. I've never been in an Airbus cockpit, but I know that having a sidestick is much confortable. You can move your legs freely.

Also the Airbus cockpits are much quiter, right? And the cabins too. 😉

go Boeing. The airbuses are SO dorky. I flew in one, and it was BAD. I like the boeings. Period. End of story

Pro Member Trainee
Nate66 Trainee

It is split for me. But there are preferences for me
A319/A320 > B737
767 > A330
777 > A340
A380 > 747

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Whichever way you vote, I think everyone should aknowledge that Airbus play a hugely important roll in ensuring that Boeing don't have a monopoly in the market. Competition means better planes and cheaper prices from both companies 😉

As does the poll, but not sure where the other percent got to. It adds up to 99% Umm...

The other 1% is there - just that some computers round up decimal numbers - others round down . It would appear that the system on Flyaway rounds them down. Actual %-age figures are 78.947368421xxx
and 21.02334xxxx - but who the hell cares??

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Since im not the owner for none of these two great Constractors i cant vote for one or the other.I had the luck to fly with both and i was satisfied by both.

The only point for me is safeness and i think that both provides it very well.Of course im not an expert in technical issues ,as most of you are,but my feeling is that these competition will never have a totally acceptable result.

In another topic about graphic cards i have made a parallelism with automobile world.Who is better...?BMW or Mercedes?(i could guess that maybe some of you would vote about BMW cause it was a warcraft machines manufacturer... 😉 )

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Rolls Royce
Juggle

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Of course a model who has passed the Pen test... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Jamie Robson (Jamier) First Officer

for long haul flights i prefer the airbus aircraft as they are alot more roomier but for short haul flights e.g to alicante, tenerife etc i prefer boeings.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Boeing, of corse!!!

I know airbus are made by a european comany (My home turf) and Boeing are american but you gotta admit, Boeing look way better than Airbus, take the 737NG vs the A320 or the 747 vs the A380...which is extreamly ugly and a plane designed 20+ years ago still beats it on looks...(In my opinion)

I have flown on an airbus before and it didnt appear any different to a boeing...

Yer, so GO BOEING- the polls are showing the right answers 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Jamie Robson (Jamier) First Officer

cheekytrolly wrote:

Boeing, of corse!!!
I have flown on an airbus before and it didnt appear any different to a boeing...

Yer, so GO BOEING- the polls are showing the right answers 😀

lol wtf? u saying there is no difference so u go for boeing...strange person.

Has anyone taken into consideration the carbon emission of the two aircraft - Airbus being European have to abide by the very strict limits applied in Europe while Boeing are governed by the less stringent limits in the USA. This makes the Airbus a 'cleaner' aircraft, at least in an environment sense and of course more expensive to run.
There are even suggestions that Boeing should abide by the European regulations, at least for those flights where Boeing have to fly into European airports, (a vary profitable side of some airline's business).

Pro Member Trainee
PAC_Lance Trainee

Boeing or bust!!!

Airbus are have quite a few problems with there aircrafts. Im not saying that boeing has none but Airbus has a few things that need to be fixed.

Pro Member Trainee
PAC_Lance Trainee

Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone taken into consideration the carbon emission of the two aircraft - Airbus being European have to abide by the very strict limits applied in Europe while Boeing are governed by the less stringent limits in the USA. This makes the Airbus a 'cleaner' aircraft, at least in an environment sense and of course more expensive to run.
There are even suggestions that Boeing should abide by the European regulations, at least for those flights where Boeing have to fly into European airports, (a vary profitable side of some airline's business).

Oh Dear god!!!! WE HAVE A NATURE FREAK!!! lol j/k

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Boeing! I know folks who work at Boeing. I won't stab them in the back. I've been known to complain at airports if an airline substituted an Airbus for a scheduled Boeing.

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

As a flightsimmer I love both equally ! 😂

As a passenger, I MUCH prefer Airbus, wider aisles, more room.

As a Airline Transport Pilot I suspect I would prefer Boeing.

😎

David.

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

Boeing is the best

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

PanAmerican wrote:

Boeing is the best

I think Chocolate is better!!

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

I Like both Airbus and Boeing; but i don´t like A380. Crying or Very sad

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...