Walking?

Crow Guest

Hello I'm pretty new to MFS. Anyways, in the video regarding the C-130 Herc comming out soon from Captain Sim, it includes running, and walking inside, and outside of the plane. Is this an add-on that is comming out with the Herc or can you already do so. Also it shows changing positions from Pilot, to Co-pilot, Flight Enginere and Navigator, is this also something new comming out with this add-on?

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

I don't know about the Herc, but there is something called Active camera that you can use for ALL aircraft in FS9 that allows you to walk, run etc. you can go through the entire aircraft (Walk through the interior etc. the aircraft has to have an interior though. 😉
Just type: Active camera in any search. It costs money, about 25 U.S., but it is worth it!!!

Last edited by Elkinallen on Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Actually Active Camera is only $15 now.

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

I have just learned of a FREE type of 'camera' that allows almost all the functions of Active cam. I have downloaded it and I will give it a try.

Flight1 View Module (F1_view.dll) for FS2004
(Release version 9.5.0.4276)

Guest Ed Guest

Elkinallen wrote:

active camera that you can use for ALL aircraft in FS9 that allows you to walk, run etc. you can go through the entire aircraft (Walk through the interior etc. the aircraft has to have an interior though. 😉

Just out of curiousity, how many of the default aircraft in FS09 have an interior? If you go to the Virtual Cockpit mode and change your position, you can look around-- most of the aircraft have nothing but the cockpit and a little segment of wing that you can see out the window. The only exception I have found is the Cessna 208A Amphibian; in that one you can turn around and see the full interior of the passenger area. And, I guess that in the Ryan "Spirit of St. Louis," you can see the inside of the fuselage, but there's not much to see.

Do many of the add-on planes have an interior?

Ed

Rick Lee Guest

Hi Ed,

I've come across a few (many). Never having used ActiveCamera I allowed myself to forget which ones.

One I do remember however - and I just did a doublecheck.

Dreamwings Embraer 170 v3.

The file is available here at FlyAway but if, like myself, You're not elligible, go straight to the source : dreamwingsdesign.com
In the download section You'll find the base package. The readme in PDF has a pic of the cabin.

If You like the A/C, avsim.com has some nice additional textures under
"dw_embraer170base" in Quick Search.

Good luck, Rick

Rick Lee Guest

Ed,

my sincerest apologies. If You're still interested in checking out the Embraer 170 - it is the old version 1 or 2 You need.

File Description:
Dream Wings Embraer 170 Base pack and house livery. Animated wheels, gears, flaps, thrust reverser, elevator...etc! Opening door, animated stair and wingviews. This version have a Virtual Cabin. Model and FDE - Carl Selin, Exterior textures and paintkit - Tommy Hansson, Virtual Cabin textures and Technical Resource - Rui Cristina, Dream Wings homepage - Albert Ramic. Visit our homepage and forum if you need any support! http://www.dreamwings.has.it.

Filename: dw__embraer170base.zip
License: Freeware, limited distribution
Added: 23rd September 2003
Downloads: 30729
Author: Dream Wings
Size: 3652kb

The above is taken straight from avsim.com...

I know there are many nice cabins out there I'm sure somebody will have more suggestions.

BTW I've been playing around with F1View Utility earlier on. It doesn't do more than it claims, but what it does it does well. Definately deserves a good trial run. 😀

Rick

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

The only default ac to have an interior is the Tri motor. when you walk down the isle though, one wall is missing. As far as addon goes, there are many!!!!! I have a 747 that allows you to go up the spiral staicase as well as through the entire upperdeck and the 1st/business part of the cabin. There is a Russian plane that has a COMPLETE cabin!!!! Toilets too!

RFP 747-200 classic by panelshop.com About 30 bucks
Project Tuplolev Tu-114 and AN-24 FREE!

There are many more aircraft that have various virtual cabin details. Ckeck out aircraft searches by typing in: Virtual cabin 😀

Rick Lee Guest

Hi,

here's another interesting looking one:

File Description:
Capping off ten months of hard work, this set of virtual cabin textures are designed to push the limit of Flightsim! These files are created specifically for my Boeing 777-31H Emirates repaints. This set of interior textures are photorealistic and capture many details, including detailed seats, night-lighting mode, armrests, floor carpet, 2D galley, highly detailed passenger doors etc. Details are as realistic as it can get, given the model's limitations that I had to work with. To use these textures you will need active camera and the meljet 777-300 model. Please read instructions within.

Filename: emiratesvirtualcabin773.zip
Added: 22nd September 2004
Downloads: 3217
Author: Dickson Chan, Meljet
Size: 15798kb

available at avsim.com

Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Rick Lee wrote:

Hi,

here's another interesting looking one:

File Description:
Capping off ten months of hard work, this set of virtual cabin textures are designed to push the limit of Flightsim! These files are created specifically for my Boeing 777-31H Emirates repaints. This set of interior textures are photorealistic and capture many details, including detailed seats, night-lighting mode, armrests, floor carpet, 2D galley, highly detailed passenger doors etc. Details are as realistic as it can get, given the model's limitations that I had to work with. To use these textures you will need active camera and the meljet 777-300 model. Please read instructions within.

Filename: emiratesvirtualcabin773.zip
Added: 22nd September 2004
Downloads: 3217
Author: Dickson Chan, Meljet
Size: 15798kb

available at avsim.com

Rick

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=emiratesvirtualcabin773.zip&CatID=root

Rick Lee Guest

Hi Chris,

now won't You be so good and tell me how You do This?

Computers scare the pants off me. 😳

Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Hi Rick,
You go to library.avsim.net and put the filename into the search engine.

Hope that helps
Chris 🍻

Rick Lee Guest

Thanks Chris!

I'll try - if it doesn't work I'll come knocking on Your door again if You don't mind.

Rick

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...