And GPS-kid wins another "good-find" award!

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

So my hat goes off to GPS-kid on his great find of FSCrew. I've been dragging my feet for the past 2 weeks since he made mention of it, figuring that it really wasn't as great as I heard, that I make my flights realistic enough, etc. etc. I now humbly say that I was wrong on my impressions of FSCrew!

The website and reviews aren't that eye catching or impressive, but the 5 stars from AVSIM finally convinced me to pay the "low price" of $20 for this one.

All I can say is WOW. I felt so different after just my first flight. I stepped on a few toes, miss timed a few checklists, and certainly got a little confused in the menu's at times, but I see nothing but potential here. I have been flying the PMDG 737 for long enough that I could sorta do the "hop-in-and-fly" setup in no time. Powering up the cockpit, getting ATC clearance, programming the FMC, and push/start could be done in about 10 minutes time. This program has now rekindled my love of the PMDG, and I now have a much more relaxed attitue towards flying. I get to the gate about 30 minutes before departure, run through all the checklists and procedures, etc. etc.

The weight / pressure of flight certainly gets lifted off the Captain's shoulders! Granted you now have the added responsibility of sequencing events, giving people cues and making some executive decisions, but the actually flying becomes much more of a joy.

As far as the learning curve, one good read through the manual, a couple of printed checklists, and one or two test flights and you'll understand the flow. Everything feels so much more comfortable now! I can't wait for their LDS-767 addition =).

BTW, has anyone heard any release dates for PSS's 777 and PMDG's 747?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Very glad you have taken the plunge and are enjoying what is a revolutionary product for Airliner nuts like ourselves.

FS2Crew really does take simming to a new level - real checklists and a First Officer that is a WHOLE lot more than just a bunch of WAV files (ie... he can take-off and fly the plane to 1000' !!).

I've been in contact with Brian York, the developer of FS2Crew, chatting with him about his excellent development >

< Good news is that he's currently hard at work developing FS2Crew for the Flight 1 ATR72, then he is immediately going to work on and release a version for Level D 767.....

I've then begged him to make a version for a PSS product but as A320 is not getting old in the tooth (and due a new remake), I doubt he would develop FS2Crew for that.

I've heard through the Grapevine Mr Grunge that PMDG Queen of the Skies (747-400) is due in October, and PSS 777 and PSS 757 are due in December.

Seems a long wait..... ! I'm looking forward to PMDG The Last Trijet (MD-11) most !

😂

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

All I can say in this post is "WELLDONE GPS-KID" Group Wave

Pro Member Captain

Really it was nothing...... oh well go on then, I am a genius! 😎

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Im still trying to learn that stupid FMS for the PMDG 737 Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Captain

Hey FL050,

I don't know if you're a Star Wars fan (the originals I mean) but with regards to your frustrations over the 737NG's FMS, I think Yoda would say something like ;-

"Master, one will not.... what one thinks is Stupid".....

The FMS is the BEST thing about the 737NG !

But hey I know, it certainly doesn't feel that way when you're stuck on something.....

There are a few people on here that can help you with the NG's FMS but be as specific as you can with questions, as we are in very technical territory here.....

Although I'm on here quite a lot, I don't get to choose the times, so sometimes 2 days can pass when I don't log on - other times it can seem as though I'm sleeping on this site I'm here so much....

Point being, stick your problems on here and we'll take a look at them... OriginalGrunge is a master of the 737NG as is Patw, amongst others...

here to help! 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...