You can backup and restore FS9 the way you had it before WITHOUT lengthly re-installation of all addons.
Here's how I do it: After I had all freeware/pay addons installed etc., I saved the ENTIRE FS9 directory on a DVD (Holds more data) I then, due to having installed a new hard drive, installed FS9 and all the addons that come in a disc or download install package. THEN install the saved FS9 from my DVD OVER the newly installed FS9 and OVERWRIGHT everything. THEN BOOOOM!!!! all is restored exactly how I had it before.
2 Answers
My FS9 install directory is 29Gb in size. Got one that big? 🙂
See this thread; https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/5207/how-big-is-your-fs2004-installation-directory/
Yeah, I do. I actually have an additional hardrive with EVERY win file including all of FS9. I use an additonal external HD tray with USB. It works great.
I'll check that thread though, thanks.
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FS2004 — recently answered
FS2004Where can I download Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004?Download free Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004, including Athens, Samos and multi-airport…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download FS2004 Vueling and BA A320 liveries?Download Vueling and British Airways Airbus A320 liveries for FS2004, match each repaint to…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Venezuela scenery for FS2004?Download Venezuela scenery for FS2004, including Cumaná airport and AFCAD2 upgrades, with…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Singapore Changi scenery for FS2004?Download free Singapore Changi Airport (WSSS) scenery for FS2004, choose the visual package or…Read answer →
First Officer