Old Hong Kong Airport Pics, Ouch!!!

Pro Member Trainee
Suds Trainee

Here's a link to one of my posts at avsim. Some great pics of the old Hong Kong Airport. Some good quotes, too. A friend sent it to me as an email. Enjoy...

Suds

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=120&topic_id=18463&mesg_id=18463&page=

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What fantastic pictures, that place is a nightmare to land in.
Thanks for the look.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Skymuncher Trainee

Wow what a nice serie of shots... I bet pilots had fun to land on that runway 😎 😕
Thanks for the look

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Great shots!! Those are some pretty nasty nacelle strikes!!! 😳

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

How can I add videos onto this post cause I found one of a Korean Airlines 747-400 near crash in Hong Kong. I'd love to send to you all but I don't know how.

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

These glorious pics bring back many memories - I lived in HK for a few years and flew in and out as a passenger many times - at least I could anaesthetise myself with a few whiskies, hoping the pilot wasn't doing the same!!!
I remember visiting a friend's flat which was on the 36th floor overlooking the approach, from the balcony we could actually look down on the aircraft coming into land. These pictures tell it all!!!
The red checkered marker is on Kowloon Hill which I used to guide me home in the car after a night in the golf club!!!
Thanks for the memory.

Pro Member Captain

Where's the golf club ❓ I fly there all the time and the only golf club i've seen is a 3 stroy driving range.

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

JVD wrote:

Where's the golf club ❓ I fly there all the time and the only golf club i've seen is a 3 stroy driving range.

The Royal Hongkong Golf Club was established by Scottish expats - Jardine Matheson and all that - more than 100 years ago, although things being what they are, it is called The Hongkong Golf Club now. The Hongkong Open on the European Tour was played there a couple of months ago. The main courses are at Fanling and there is also a subsidiary course at Repulse Bay. There is also a club at Clear Water Bay but that wasn't built when I was there. I belonged to a society - The Little Sai Wan Golf Society(LSWGS), which consisted of UK Government expat staff and Cathay Pacific Pilots/Engineers - we played at Fanling once a month. Oh! The memories!

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Right on Davec!!!!! I am a fan of Hong Kong. I have been there twice. ALL over the place!!! I have been to the RHKJC (Jockey Club) several times,, any way, Great place.

I have the 6 hour 😳 DVD on Kai Tak landings. It is pretty good. I can watch tko/lnd all day. I used to go to the peak and watch them land.

I got the DVD's from justplanes.com Check it out!

Hey other guy! If you want you own film clip of that Korean 747 almost pranging it, then- while it is playing, start FRAPS recording. It will record it for you. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Cool SS. Might have to try landing there sometime.

Pro Member Captain

davec wrote:

The Royal Hongkong Golf Club was established by Scottish expats - Jardine Ma......

How much does it cost to play a game of golf on that side of the world ❓

Pro Member Trainee
rivalmel Trainee

THAT LOOKS PRETTY SCARY ON SOME OF THEM. WOW

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

SUDS,

I checked out each and every one of those pics and thought they were all really good and were worth looking at. Thanks for posting the link here!

JVD,

Nice screenshot and nice plane there.

Pro Member Trainee
Suds Trainee

No problem. I thought some of you guys would enjoy those...

Suds

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...