Favorite places to fly?

Where do you like to fly to?

My three favorite places to fly into on fs are Princess Juliana, Innsbruck Austria, and Jackson Wyoming.

Princess Juliana is just awesome landing a heavy.

Innsbruck is nerve racking especially on an ILS approach. So it with 1/4 mile visibility for real fun.

Jackson WY is just down right fun. Flown in here many times in real life, and it is incredible. You intercept the glide slope at 11500 ft, (I think).

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I like flying into Gloucestershire (my local), and just doing curcuits, practising my take-offs and landings.

I also like island hopping and flying around Western Europe 😉

😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Trainee
chlorinekid Trainee

one of my favourite flights is geneva to pisa, over the alps. great flight 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

KMLE to KLNK

Millard Airport to Lincoln Airport

Nebraska

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

I like flying into Gloucestershire (my local), and just doing curcuits, practising my take-offs and landings.

I also like island hopping and flying around Western Europe 😉

😀 😀 😀

my local also 😛

my current base is in rijeka in croatia, but normally i 'reside' in zell am see or langwachen

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

I like flying in:
Netherland Antilles
Las Vegas
Idaho

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Western Europe (UK, France, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, etc.) South American and SOUTH US. Surprised

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

I love flying round robins at all my local airports in and around Santa Barbara and LA and the San Fernando Valley. Also Lukla in Nepal is one of my favorites. Beautiful mountains and scenery. The only plane I've managed to land at Lukla is the FSD Pilatus Porter. If you've been to Lukla you know what I mean.

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

canary islands 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

hinch wrote:

my local also 😛

That's intersting hinch 😉 , where abouts are you from...Gloucester???

freedspeak wrote:

I love flying round robins at all my local airports in and around Santa Barbara and LA and the San Fernando Valley. Also Lukla in Nepal is one of my favorites. Beautiful mountains and scenery. The only plane I've managed to land at Lukla is the FSD Pilatus Porter. If you've been to Lukla you know what I mean.

Lukla is awesome, the fs version does not do it justice though. It is relatively easy in fs. Cessna Grand Caravan will get in there easy in fs, not sure about real life though. I wish fs had runways that were not level like real life, Lukla is a perfect example. I have been there, and it is quite an experience to land and take off there.

Pro Member First Officer
davidmac1 First Officer

i enjoy trying to land heavies around the western isles of scotland, it can be quite challenging, especially using real world weather!

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

I like flying heavies into Princess Juliana as well, but my favorite airport to fly into is:

Pro Member Trainee
chlorinekid Trainee

Anonymous wrote:

freedspeak wrote:

Lukla is awesome, the fs version does not do it justice though. It is relatively easy in fs. Cessna Grand Caravan will get in there easy in fs, not sure about real life though. I wish fs had runways that were not level like real life, Lukla is a perfect example. I have been there, and it is quite an experience to land and take off there.

check out the payware lukla addon here http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=1876 i have it and its awesome, take a look at the pics at the bottom of the page 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
mrtazzy Trainee

island hopping through the Canary Islands.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

hinch wrote:

my local also 😛

That's intersting hinch 😉 , where abouts are you from...Gloucester???

i live between the 3 cities - right on the border in a small village near malvern

Pro Member Chief Captain

hinch wrote:

i live between the 3 cities - right on the border in a small village near malvern

Nice one.....I've walked up those 'mountains' 😂

👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...