Download help!

Pro Member Trainee
kittyhawk63 Trainee

Crying or Very sad
I have just spent 8 1/2 hours downloading an aircraft file only to get 99% finished and having the file close and zip itself. I can not open it. A popup tells me the file is either invalid or corrupt. Do you know of anyway to reopen the file and have it finish the download?
Thanks for any help you may offer.
kittyhawk63 😀

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Evil or Very Mad This does not sound good
1st What was this mega d/load and from where?

What is the name of the file,is zip/rar????

If you are on dial up(sounds like )then I would suggest a download manager,then you could resume any failed d/loads

You may have a duff d/load

Pro Member Trainee
kittyhawk63 Trainee

I was downloading "FSDZigns Lockheed L-049A Constellation" from Fly Away's Vintage aircraft. It was 99% finished. It took 81/2 hours to get that far. I was not aware that you could use a download manager with Fly Away. Which do you recommend? How do you use it?
kh63

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I've never had to use one but most of my friends that have like this one, DAP.
Try it and see if it works for you.
The download you want is about 30mb isn't it.

http://www.speedbit.com/DAP7/DefaultT.asp

http://www.download.com/3000-2071-10037157.html?part=speedbit&subj=dlpage&tag=button

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Pilot101 Trainee

Sorry I cannot help you....I am having a similar problem...we tried to access a Piper PA-28 Aircraft and paid the $5 fee and can't seem to get the plane on the program.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Kyle Hecker
Des Plaines, IL

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...