Help. Crashing when scrolling on kneeboard

alphaone Guest

Hey ya'll. I just picked fs2k4 up again and started playing it after setting it down for a long time (lots of stuff to do). Anyway... I'm having some really weird problems. I think they must have something to do with the Explorer underpinnings of fs2k4. Like when I open up the kneeboard and try to scroll on something in it, using either the arrow buttons or the scroll bar, it crashes (black screen of death) and after a while it asks if i would like to restart fs2k4. Also, sometimes when i'm working in the menus while flying, the save menu for example, it will just hang, forcing me to do the end program on it.

What's the problem here? I already tried rolling back my 9800pro's drivers back to the 5.3 drivers but that didn't help.

Specs:
XP SP2
AMD 3200+
Radeon 9800Pro 128MB
1GB DDR 400 RAM

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
alphaone Guest

Oh and I just did a clean install of fs too, and that didn't do anything.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
alphaone Guest

thanks so much! That did it! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Glad to hear it. It's a strange way to fix it but it works.

Radar

BashDaBish Guest

Cheers RadarMan! Some more info for you.

ViewManager is part of a program called ViewPoint Manager which you should find in add/remove.

ViewPoint Manager is usually downloaded with programs such as i-Tunes and Acrobat. It is used to update these programs and is a 'genuine' piece of software although most find it a pain.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thanks BashDaBish the kneeboard crash happens more often then we like.

There are a few other "programs" that interfere with FS9, this way we build up our own data base of fixes.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...