Mega Scenery

How would you rate Mega Scenery? (10 being the best)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I am thinking about getting "Mega Scenery" What do you think about it

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Steve (megafoot) First Officer

I just installed Megascenery Pacific Northwest (PNW) and Northern CA (NC). 2 days ago and have really been impressed, and depressed with it:

the down side:

The things are HUGE! i have a big fast machine and it took me almost 4 hours to install them, I kept getting an error installing PNW on my RAID drives. it kept telling me that i was out of system resources... WTF! i have 2 gigs dual channel ram and xp pro. It turned out to be 2 problems. when you order the Megascenery they send you an email about how to tweak your machine for the best performance. It was all good advice except that when you tweak it, it causes your system to prioritize file transfers differently so that i ran out of resources. the other problem was that i think the RAID array was making problems because of the way it verifies file writes. My solution was to install PNW on my IDE drive then simply move the folder (over 8GB of data) to my RAID drive.

PNW comes on DVD only so make sure ya have the hardware.

NC installed easily off the 3 CD's that it came on and was error free. cake.

Flying in megascenery is awesome from above 2000' or so. it is very surreal and i am very impressed with the visuals. lower altitudes are an improvement over FS9 default scenery but the WOW i'm really flying feeling goes away the closer ya gert to the ground.

The up side: The fraps videos im making are stupendous! flying higher altitudes and near mountains and landmarks is.... WOW! The accuracy of buildings in citys and at airports is very good. I flew a route from my home city to the city where i used to live and the elevations, highways and the "feel" was all just about exactly right. Highways and railroad tracks are dead on to the real world as far as i can see and like i said before from above 2000' it is very impressive indeed. Oh and night flying is greatly improved thru the far better placement of ground light sources, it looks pretty realistic.

Like i said though I have only had Megascenery for a couple days now so I am definately not the last word on this subject, and after the huge installs and that problem was resolved I would say that it was money well spent.

Pro Member First Officer
mrkonk First Officer

Where canyou get mega scenery.Is it freeware or payware

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

It's pareware.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...