Moving around the cabin

Pro Member Trainee
Geoff (Geoffos) Trainee


I've noticed in some screenshots that the 'camera' position is set in between the seats in a cockpit and also in reviews for aircraft addons, reviewers talk about what level of detail there is in the cabin area of a 'plane. Have you seen the screenshots of the A380 on the Wilco Fleet website? Fantastic! In fact I was looking at actual photos of the A380 in the paper today and the screenshots on the Wilco Fleet site are almost identical!!

My question is, therefore, "How do I move about in the cabin/cockpit of the aircraft?".



4 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I belive you need a addon called "Active Camera"

On some vitual cockpits you can move about with the "hatswitch" on your joystick

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Yes you need a program called Active Camera. It is payware though, but VERY worth it. There are tons of camera views that AC adds.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Active camera is a great program, with tons of great features. I especially love the automatic head movements in the VC, it certainly makes you feel like you're actually there!

You can download a demo of it that works fully within a 50 mile radius around KSEA, so it's fairly easy to go and check out.

Alternatively, you can use a program designed for the Flight1 ATR that lets you move around the cabin as well. You can find it here: It's not as nimble as active camera, nor does it have nearly as many features, but if you're looking for just a cheap way to get a different view of the cockpit/cabin this is it!

Pro Member Trainee
Geoff (Geoffos) Trainee

Thanks guys - much appreciated! 🙂


All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions