Hong Kong Chek Lap Kok

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

I found and added a freeware scenery called vhhh2005. But it didn't seem to 'take' well. Anyone else have anything on this?

The aircraft taxi and are parked in the grass. And the grass has a yucky yellow green look to it. 😞

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

You can extend the taxiways and parking areas with "Afcad2"

If the basics are there you may get away with just dragging the parking area to make it bigger

Set up fs9 at Hong Kong with the aircraft parked at the farthest point you want to see tarmac or concrete then toggle between fs9 and Afcad2 by pressing Alt and Dont Know what its called but the button above Caps Lock on the left(This will drop fs9 to your task bar)
the position of the aircraft is shown via a red "X"
Now just drag the parking area over to that spot(or create new)
Go back to fs9 and "yaw" to the next point
And so on......

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Thanks for the info!!! 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

I have the HK 2004 addon which really sweetens Kai Tak but unfortunately makes Chek Lap Kok REALLY look bad!!!!! I tried to install an exellent addon for the airport but the HK2004 file wouldn't allow it. SO!!! I outsmarted it!!! I took the textures and scenery files from the Chek addon and placed them in the HK2004's folder and they overwrote all the Chek files. NOW!!! The Chek airport is REALLY nice!!!!: gates, vehicles, perimeter fence and and and...

Anyway, Got'er going!!! 😀

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I downloaded that scenery and I'm not to sure whether I love or like it. Every time I taxi on to a runway my aircraft acts asthough I just taxied it over a big bump or ramp.

Can Anyone help ❓

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

All I know is that there are 2 versions of that guys chek lap kok addon. You must delete all other addons to the chek airport before adding the version 2.
Hope this liitle bit of info can help?! 😉

Pro Member Captain

Ok i'll give it a try.

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

What I did is 'overlap' the addon scenery to the existing HK2004 pay version of HK. Maybe this has something to do with it. The HK2005 addon from flightsoft is very stable. I only added extra textures to it. 😉

Pro Member Captain

Where did you get the HK 2005 add-on ❓ . The funny thing about my HK 2004 is that it has the shop that I bought my HK 2004 from.

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Sorry for any confusion. I have the CD version from Flightsoft called HK2004.
The other scenery is the freeware addon that we are talking about.
😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...