Anyone tried Condor soaring

Pro Member Trainee
COLINR Trainee

Hi guys has anyone else tried Condor soaring, it is a really great gliding sim check out their movie clip on their site, www.condorsoaring.com enjoy 😀 😎

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I watched the condor trailer video, there was quite a bit of traffic up there.
It seems too quiet for me but it would be nice If MS gave us a tow aircraft in the next version instead of Slew that we have now.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
COLINR Trainee

Hi Radarman, I could not agree with you more if these guys can knock out a £30 simulation with all these features why not MS with all their resources ❓ 🙄

Viperace Guest

I've Got Condor and i have found it to be the most realistic glider sim out with out a doubt.

I would recomend buying it as it has been developed by two real life pilots one a physicst and another a mathmation and these guys have hit the nail on the head with the weather and flight models, unlike MS flight models which all feel a bit ???????????? unrealistic , if you want photo relistic senery and lots of buttons to press MS is fine but for flight and pure enjoyment i would pick up Condor anytime, and unlike MS you can actually geta respone from these deveoplers and they listen to you !!!!!

all patches so far have have items added or tweaked as a direct request of users on forum, NOW TRY AND DO THAT WITH MS and see how much smoke they blow up your ***** and do nothing because its all about money for MS.

BUY IT

😀 😀 😀

Rug Guest

I have not flown MS FS since it's '98 version, but unless things have changed radically, the thermals are limited to a tiny handful and appear in fixed locations (and to a fixed height).

The ridge/thermal/wave lift generated in Condor are very convincing, and the effect of reaching cloudbase is uncannily realistic.

It's not going to appeal to the fast-jet wannabe pilots, but as the quote goes 'If flying was language, soaring would be it's poetry'.

More gliders and a scenery development kit are expected soon.

If you think you may like this, I say buy it. You will not be disappointed. If you just want to head directly where you want to fly and know that you can get there, then gliding is not for you.

It's the difference between driving and flying.

Rug

Yes, I have. I downloaded it a few weeks ago and have found it quite brilliant. I took a week's gliding course at Dunstable many years ago and only experienced winch launches. I find that the program is more difficult to master than the real thing in terms of both winch and aerotow launches but find the reality of both the graphics and sound excellent. Long may the writer(s) of this program develop it, Hugh Q.

Marino Guest

Anyone have link where I can download Condor soaring simulator for free. 49 is to much for my poor pocket.

Pro Member Trainee
biggles273 Trainee

i have seen da trailers but i can't find any shops in which to get it do you have any ideas

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

biggles273 wrote:

i have seen da trailers but i can't find any shops in which to get it do you have any ideas

You can buy it from them, download or CD.

http://www.condorsoaring.com/order.htm

Radar

Marino wrote:

Anyone have link where I can download Condor soaring simulator for free. 49 is to much for my poor pocket.

does anyone have?

Anonymous wrote:

Marino wrote:

does anyone have?

If you want to try Condor then you need to buy it, otherwise it's illegal. I've tried all four dedicated soaring sims own two of them and Condor is definately ahead of the rest. - Rick B

Newells Guest

look.. i'm from argentina and althought i want to buy it.. i cant.. so it`s not that i want to break the law... the system make me do illegal thing..
y vallanse bien a la re concha de su madre pelotudos

Janos Guest

[quote="COLINR"]Hi guys has anyone else tried Condor soaring, it is a really great gliding sim check out their movie clip on their site, www.condorsoaring.com enjoy 😀 😎[/quote]

I tried really great!
I think today the best symulator for soaring. Have to know aerodinamic, meteorology..etc.

LV-CFR Guest

jajjaaja!, mucha gracia me da tu expresion,
no se de donde bajarlo,, pero si se que andan dando vuelta un monton de copias, si frecuentas el ambiente del vuelo a vela, consulta que seguro que algun amigo ya lo tiene en cd.

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

Cool trailer...but...can you turn the TCAS off?

It would drive me NUTS.

nic_o Guest

is there a demo because im not sure if this will run on my computer

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

its hard for me 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

nic_o wrote:

is there a demo because im not sure if this will run on my computer

No there isn't a demo, give us your computer specs and then we can help.

Radar

nic_o Guest

ok here are the specs for my computer

intel pentium 3 @1.13ghz
512 mb ram
64 mb video ram
windows 2000

Pro Member Trainee
Ben (eagle3) Trainee

Here 🙂

What are the minimum requirements?
The minimum required hardware and software for enjoying Condor is:

Processor: +1 GHz (non-Celeron)
Memory: 256 MB
Graphics card: DX7+ compatible video card with at least 32 MB memory
DirectX and all drivers up to date.
As usual, better the hardware, better the experience.

Andre Imbueconsulting Guest

😞
I bought Codor Flight sim and I am very dissapointed in that the download is an older version 1.1.2 then you have to do the updates- Which I did but they even admit that in the first version when you are thermaling then the plane spirals out of control. Even with the upgrade - it does the same thing. I have a new very fast computer with an excellent graphics card that can handle xplane 10 - (now thats far more superior for engine planes) and hard core graphics- so it cant be that. Then I have emailed the support team (the email recommended from where i bought it) (support@condorsoaring.com) and there is no reply and no one to contact to fix the problem- So no its no good and bad support. Even the info on website is from 2010- we are in 2012 already - 😞
Why would they let you download an old version when you buy it today. So Totally dissapointed- totaly crap. Ciao Andre

Mikolaj Guest

It's an ancient piece of crap. Still uses DX 7. When I emailed the support requesting a refund due to fact I can't run it in fullscreen but only in small window (it only supports low resolutions), they completely ignored me. It is an absolute joke, especially for the price!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...