install noob question

Pro Member Trainee
cabe Trainee

Hey everyone,

This is my first post on this forum and I'm sure it's been posted a million times, but I'm very computer illiterate and am having a hard time installing aircraft.

I click download, I click save, the plane downloads, I click open, and there's a folder there.. what do I do next? Please make this easy to understand!

Thanks and sorry for the dumb question.

Caleb

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Not a dumb question at all, we all started sometime.

Try this link and feel free to ask anything.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
cabe Trainee

Hey RadarMan,

I tried to do that but it still doesn't work. I installed winzip, then I took my plane and put the aircraft in the aircraft folder, gauges in gauge folder, and effects in that folder but it still doesn't show up on my aircraft menu on the game. Man I'm confused!

Caleb

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

cabe,
A few (of many) reasons that the aircraft that you installed correctly won't show in the menu.

It's not a 2004 aircraft for the flight sim, or it may be for CFS.
It's listed under the manufacturers name, sometimes they have more than one.
Put "any" in the top window and choose from the center window (in the menu).

Try loading a simple aircraft first so you can get the idea.

Aeronca 11AC Chief
http://www.pmstone.com/ga.html

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
cabe Trainee

Hey RadarMan,

Thanks, the directions are now working 🙂 It was still sort of a disappointment, I dl'd the SR-71 Blackbird, no landing gear, mediocre graphics, unstable in the air. Oh well, just have to try something else! Oh, another questtion, is it possible to take out the altitude limitation of 99,999'?

Thanks again,
Caleb

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The blackbird is a 2002 I think, that a common problem with loading a 2002 into 2004.

No you can only reach 99,999 and can't fly over the poles, north or south.

Try this one.

http://www.simviation.com/fs2004military13.htm

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

Hey RM why cant you fly over the poles?
I thought I did the other day but maybe not...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

As far as I know they left that option out.

Anyone back me up or rip me apart?

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Back you up. I tried it once in a 747 from Anchorage to Russia. My flight path took me over the north pole. My 747 flipped over and overstressed the acircraft. That was in FS2002 though. :confused:

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...