New to Add-on's: Help

Pro Member Trainee
alanj7 Trainee

I'm sure this has been explained many times,And I did catch something about putting scenery into add-on scenery folder etc. But is there a basic how-to or example that someone could briefly explain to me just how to download an add-on and how to incorporate it into my FS 2004?
I would appreciate it very much. I tried on thing, but I don't think I got it right.

Al

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Any scenery files you d/load normally come with a named folder(ie Malta scenery) and two other folders.
Texture folder
Scenery folder
Maybe a few other bits and bobs like read me and pictures,
dont worry about them.

Open up the main fs9 folder on your hard drive and then the Addon Scenery folder and put the Malta Scenery folder in there(the Malta Scenery folder should contain the other two folders)
Close all open windows and start Fs9

Goto settings,then Add Scenery and open
You will now see the addon scenery folder,double click it
You should now see the Malta scenery folder,double click it and save

VERY IMPORTANT
Shut down Fs9

Restart Fs9 and your scenery should now be in place

Pro Member Trainee
alanj7 Trainee

I knew it couldn't be too hard. Thanks for explaining that for me. It's all in knowing what to do with what, I guess.

Thanks a million

Al

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...