Can't get to 35,000 ft.

Pro Member Trainee
CoasterXtreme Trainee

This has happened two times. I can get to 35,000ft. in tones of planes but everytime the boeing 777 gets to 25,000ft. the airspeed starts dropping and finally the plane stalls. I tried recovering but as soon as i pitch the nose up just a bit i start loosing airspeed again. Is there something that I am doing wrong that would make the plane loose airspeed at 25,000ft.?
Thank You

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Whats your climb rate?

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

A good climb rate would be 1800 ft a minute and once you are above 30 000 ft I'd decrease your climb rate a bit.

Andy2005 Guest

I had the exact same problem. The 777 is different to other jets in the climb. Power should be set to 95 percent n1 and you should climb at 250kias until 10000ft adjusting pitch for speed. Ater this adjust your pitch to climb at 320kias until reaching 0.76 mach to your cruise altitude.
I don't think its a good idea to use autopilot to climb in this plane. Hope my advice helps. Best of luck. 😀

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

well a problem with the default 777 is its engine power is set extremely low. under the aircraft configuration the thrust is about 84000. you have to raise it up past 90000 pounds of thrust. you can get the specs of the boeing site. after you do that it is more power ful.

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Also, depending on the realism, you usally have to do 'step climbs'. This is where,, when you have a heavy plane, you have to level off at a lower altitude to burn off fuel so that the plane can climb. This may pertain to your 777. Just a thought. You should be able to get to at least 30,000 though.

Check your takeoff weight. It is common that FS9 overloads the plane to where you may be over gross weight at takeoff, BY A LOT!!!

Pro Member Trainee
Pitt Trainee

CoasterXtreme wrote:

This has happened two times. I can get to 35,000ft. in tones of planes but everytime the boeing 777 gets to 25,000ft. the airspeed starts dropping and finally the plane stalls. I tried recovering but as soon as i pitch the nose up just a bit i start loosing airspeed again. Is there something that I am doing wrong that would make the plane loose airspeed at 25,000ft.?
Thank You

I think you need more training in fs 2004, I had the same problem before the plane slows down & it stalls in almost all boeing aircraft & now I know how to figure it out:

Once at mid air put throttle in about 55-65% and speed around 480-510km/hour the only problem I have is landing so I need to get more practice in this, you should do more training in learning centre well enjoy.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I always now fly with an actual kneeboard with more detailed checklists and spec pages. I also have my flight plans and other procedures like engine out. Off Topic! Sorry, I sort of got of the topic there.
I was going to tell you about the checklists. On my ckecklists it tells you that stuff. https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/6082/checklists/

If you don't want to go through all that trouble, just do what these other helpful members have told you. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...