system specs for 2004

tiretracks Guest

Hey all, hear 2004 is a hog. I'm runnin....

2.53g P4 with 1G PC2700 ram, geforc3 ti500 (64mgcard). XP home with plenty of hard drive space.
I can usually get around 35-50 frames out of 2002 with about a med- high set up on the graphics. Decent to look at. Not screenshot quality but good nuf for me.

Do I need to kick out for that geforce fx 5900 yet or can I wait?

Thanks,

tire

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Yes, i'm sure that would be no problem. If you have a bit of spare cash, I would also recommend getting the 5900 - there is a big difference 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Hi Tiretracks, I have almost same as you..except I use Rambus Ram. It will run OK for you. I also added the 5900 Ultra, and WOW!! I don't think frame rates were much more but I really notice improved graphics. My Asus mobo only supports AGP 4X. Good Luck, rob

Guest Guest

Your system should be ok for running FS2004 at lower setting, but a graphics card upgrade always helps.

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

looks good to me... BTW if you think FS9 is a hog...take alook at some (mostly all) of the posts in the FSX forum..."FSX runs horibbly on my comp?, Why wont FSX run on my comp?". all the answers...You need a really good computer to run FSX. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

You do realise the orignal post was in 2003

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

how did this old post end up at the front anyway? Oh well 😎

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

oops Embarassed . a guest posted on a 2 year old topic and then i posted after...thats how it ended up at the front.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...