Flying at high altitudes (>FL350)

Pro Member Trainee
plopezm Trainee

Can anyone tell me why it is virtually impossible to fly above FL350 in FS2002/2004? I know a real 747 can cruise at FL410, however, in the simulator engines lose thrust and the airplane stalls (any, not just the 747) as one tries to rise above FL350. Is there a way to fix this without turning the aircraft into a "rocket" at low altitudes?[/img]

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Well, I can suggest that when you are those altitudes, you use a much lower rate of climb - something like 100-200 fpm in a 747 once you have passed the 35,000 mark. That should get you up there.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Last edited by Cheeks on Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Cheeks wrote:

Or u can cruise at that altitude and when u gained enough speed, climb to the altitude u want 🍻

cheeks, you are responding to a question here that was posted 4 years ago 😳 !

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

holy smokes thats a long time ago.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

bawls327 wrote:

holy smokes thats a long time ago.

That post was made a month after the forums opened. That's an old timer!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

shite i didn't notice! Embarassed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...