Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Is there a trial version available...

I would like to make sure that it works on my computer before I drop 30 bucks on a game I can't play...All i'm looking for is a trial or something, not a free copy..
thanks

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Sorry there's no demo of FS2004.... I agree it would be a good idea but it's not Microsoft's policy to offer demo's of what they call their "games" software... (a lot on here would disagree it's a game hehe 😉 ).

If you want to stick your PC specs / details on here, people can advise you of it's likelihood for running FS2004.

1300 MhZ CPU, 1.30 GHz, 376 RAM Trident Blade 3D Accelerator

Pro Member Captain

Your PC would run ok with the basic package but you would not be able to use many of the more complex add-ons available as your RAM is just too small.

Also the Sim may get 'jumpy' in areas of a lot of scenery (like big cities).

Some would not recommend the sim on a PC with your specs but I used to run it on a 1.6Ghz PC with only 228Mb of RAM ........ it did work but you don't get to see the real sim with low specs like these.

So, if I upgrade my RAM, then I shouldn't have any problem? That would be great. I am really looking forward to flying.

Pro Member Captain

Upgrading the RAM wil help, but you also have quite a small processor at 1.3 so you need to consider that as well.

But I'm sure you could use the basic sim fine with a boost of your RAM, yip.

BashDaBish Guest

That graphics accelaerator seems mighty old as well. I think that 'Trident Blade' is an 8mb accelerator?
This will never run FS2004 so I would add a grahics card to that list.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news buddy.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

I wouldn't see FS running well at all on that system. The best part about your PC is your CPU, which is still very lacking. I don't see how it would run at all on that 3D accelerator.

Sorry to bear the bad news