Cockpit 737-700 doesn't change

Pro Member Trainee
jgrytsch Trainee

Hi everybody,
I am new here (and just bought FS2004.. 😀 ) and yesterday I downloaded the 737-700 Continental and the MD Fedex, but the Cockpit doesn't change when installing. What do I have to do?
Thanks

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hi and welcome to the forums, nice to have you here 👍

Could you be a bit more specific as to what you mean by "the cockpit doesn't change when installing". Maybe its just me that doesn't understand 😞

Pro Member Trainee
jgrytsch Trainee

Thanks for your fast answer first of all. I thought the 737-700 has another cockpit layout (other instruments and so on) then the standard 737 on FS2004. Do I have to install the cockpit seperatly?

Pro Member Chief Captain

It does, but the standard of freeware addons isn't extremely high and complex so they don't tend to make panels with the aircraft. You add the panels separately for the specific aircraft separately, as you do with the aircraft sounds. Let us know if you want 737-700 sounds and panels 😉

Pro Member Trainee
jgrytsch Trainee

Hi Jon,
so the panels and sounds are not part of the downloades, I see. Do I get panels and sounds from you guys or do I have to download seperatly (or buy them?) Are they the size so you can send them via mail?
Thanks from NY
Jan

Pro Member Chief Captain

If you buy addons (and they are of good standard 🙄 ) then you will have panels and sounds with them. For freeware addons like most of them, they don't usually have decent panels and sounds.

You can either look through them yourself in the download section here at flyawaysimulation, at www.avsim.com at www.flightsim.com at www.simviation.com etc. Just type in the aircraft and what you want for it.

Alternatively ask here, it is probably easier to send the file name or download on the forums for you to download to add.

Ask away ❗

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

jgrytsch wrote:

Hi Jon,
so the panels and sounds are not part of the downloades, I see. Do I get panels and sounds from you guys or do I have to download seperatly (or buy them?) Are they the size so you can send them via mail?
Thanks from NY
Jan

Welcome to the forums, Jan! The information you'll garner here is well worth the price of admission.

Some downloads will come with custom panels, gauges, sounds, paint kits, alternate liveries, and special effects, The best that I know of in a freeware 737-700 is on avsim at this link: The 737 Experience v1.1 (if you're not a member just fill out a few questions, it's free). This one comes with all the bells and whistles, including a different cockpit (virtual cockpit with working controls which allow you to pilot the aircraft entirely from VC mode).

Hope this helps!
--Rick

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...