Gauge Question

Pro Member Trainee
Andrew (n287s) Trainee

Eric Marciano's radar gauge. Is it really supposed to display traffic on it? Because if it is, mine isnt working.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

yes it does display traffic. when i used panel's with the TCAS on it it wouldnt work sometimes because the guage requires the FSUIPC mod. so if more than 1 application is using it, it wont work. so try to not use anything that uses the FSUIPC when using the radar.

Pro Member Trainee
Andrew (n287s) Trainee

what is FSUIPC?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Introduction: what is FSUIPC?
FSUIPC is effectively a successor to FS6IPC.dll. Both modules are designed to allow external (i.e. separate) programs to communicate with and perhaps control Microsoft Flight Simulator. It seems some folks are rather confused about what this means, so I should emphasise here that Flight Simulator Panels (including their Gauges), Aircraft, Scenery and other graphics, and pretty much everything else within Flight Simulator, are mostly NOT correctable or influenced in any way by FSUIPC. Apart from some assistance in providing weather data to adventures (pre-FS2004), making adjustments in the weather itself, providing A.I. Traffic data and enabling better access to some engine variables for some Gauges, FSUIPC can only help external applications talk to FS, nothing more.
Some FS applications that may seem to be separate applications are, in fact, not: FSNav, WidevieW, FSAssist and FSTraffic are examples of applications for FS that are ‘added-in’ rather than ‘added-on’ and do not use the external FS6IPC interface.
FSUIPC.dll is a module for FS98, FS2000, FS2002 or FS2004, and it should be placed into the ‘Modules’ folder—see the Installation section below. Whilst its prime job is simply to do for FS2000, FS2002 and FS2004 exactly the same sort of work that FS6IPC.dll did for FS98, it also attempts to provide a compatible FS98 interface for these more recent versions so that applications written for FS98 will work with all of them. The prime aim has been forward compatibility throughout.
FSUIPC will also work within some versions of Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator. With CFS2 it provides access to many of the things that programs enjoy on FS, including full weather control. However, it should be noted that CFS2 is not the main target, and support for 100% of the features is certainly not guaranteed. With the original Combat Flight Simulator (“CFS1”) the features are much more restricted: for instance there are no operating weather facilities in FSUIPC for CFS1. FSUIPC will not work with CFS3. There is no place for add-in programs at all in CFS3.
Whilst FSUIPC can be used in FS98 in place of FS6IPC, for most users there is no particular benefit in doing so. WideFS users will want to, as will any users of those more recent applications that specifically depend on FSUIPC rather than FS6IPC. Also, application developers may wish to use the IPC logging facilities, which are still provided in FS98.

Pro Member Trainee
Andrew (n287s) Trainee

does FS9 come with fsuipc? and if not, where can i get it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

You can get FSUIPC here:

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

EDIT: 99jolegg was faster than me... 🙄

Pro Member Trainee
Andrew (n287s) Trainee

thanks guys. it works now

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

You're welcome, n287s! 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...