Frame rate improvement.

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

I downloaded a mod that someone did and it increases the graphics,,, makes them smoother. It works really well!!!!! Give it a try. All it is is a XML file. Works great!!!! Give it a try.

Until I can upgrade with a new card, this works great!!!!
Below is the readme from the file. I don't know the zip file, but I got it at flightsim.com.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This patch – file will buy you an added 20% to 40% more graphics.

Please do us both a favor and read this info in it’s entirety!!!

NOTE* I enclosed all the code that’s original and what was changed and named them so you can clearly see what is removed, you can view on word pad or similar editor!!!! Pease feel free to mod. This file – patch to your liking!!!!

NOTE* This file removes some of the extra scenery that your autogen controls add, some not that many and as a by-product you get much better performance and higher levels of graphics.

NOTE* Backup your file as always first!!!! This way you can go back to the old file easy!!!!!!

NOTE* Feel free to pass this around upload to sites or make any changes as you please!!!!

Go to your FS9 folder and find the ( Autogen ) folder, inside ( default.xml ) rename to
( olddefault.xml ) or you choose the name and copy in the patch simple….

Remember the original file is 59KB and the patch is 19KB and they can't be named the same....

Then start game and run your sliders up, all the way up and tweak down to your pleasure....
Make sure that your FPS is not locked less than 30FPS!!!
I run mine at 40FPS!!!

I have a cheap card MX440 64MB DDR 7,777 on aquamark3 overclocked to 320/480 @ 3.9 GBS +/- as I have twice had my order shipped wrong maybe newegg can get it right!

Enclosed a screenshot of very hard graphics to generate, London City I am getting 17FPS - 32FPS+ @ 800 x 600 / 16 bit, but resolution is a matter of preference and effects the gains in performance respectively.

Eddie Batista batista777@hotmail.com

NOTE* If you make any changes and share it, please remove my name and e-mail!
Thanks ➡ ➡ ➡ ➡ ➡ ➡

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Have you got a link for us Captain?

Unsure

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

thanks Chris,

anyone else tried this one?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

This has been on site for quite a while and it did seem to work better for some than others
Give it a try as there are back up instructions included(and its easy to do)if you dont like the results

Here is the original post ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/708/frame-rate-fix/

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Thanks TTT... 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Yep yep yep,,, I got it here!!!! In flyaways fs 2004's utility downloads. It is called frame rate fix. I see that I am a little late with the details, but,, da it is!!!

It takes 2 seconds to install and you can take it out in 2 seconds.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I tried that, dunno what it did for me tho... 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

I tried that, dunno what it did for me tho... 😕

I doubt you would see any difference with your GFX card,cos you gotta a good un Punk ,and run at high fps anyway(I suspect that there is a max that fs can run, and you may already be there)

For those with lesser cards,they may see an improvement,but as I said,some will,and some may not

Give it a go Hack .
You have nothing to loose by trying,as you can always revert back

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Well, when i'm flying low, they go around the 30's, with that thing, i didn't notice, i guess it depends on the PC setup completely then 😕

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

I came across this tweak a week or two ago. There was no mention of a "Default.xml" replacement (patch) file. Anyway, I experienced no gains. If I saw positive results I would have posted it.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...