Upgrades to small airports in FS2004 - need help...

Hello all!

I'm currently using FS2002, but since hearing about the upgraded weather and airports (runway and taxiway signs etc) in FS2004 I've been thinking about upgrading. I do need your help with a couple of things though.

1) Do you think the difference between FS2002 and FS2004 justifies buying the latter if I already own and love FS2002? Any feedback on the weather, ATC, etc?

2) Could someone please post a screenshot of Karlstad airport in Sweden (ESOK) which is my local airport, so I can see if they upgraded it with signs etc. Even the biggest airport in Sweden lacks signs in FS2002, and I'm worried that the main focus in FS2004 might be on North America and the big international airports. So, any chance of a screenie or two?

Thanks in advance, and I'd also appreciate any comparison between the two to help me decide.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Hello
I've just had a look at your airport in both Fs9 and Fs8
I think they have added a building to the back of the tower and of course taxi markings and signs [img]Oh I nearly forgot..............snow on the runway.

As to buying Fs9..........Yes the upgrades to the weather and scenery are worth it

Pop your email to me and Ill send you some shots

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

It is a good question.
After a question like that You have to ask another 2-3 questions
1. Can you afford it?
2. What system you running:
fls-2004 is highly demanding software so you have to be prepared to have a big drop on frame rate for example unless your sys is realy powerfull.

For other hand the enhanced whether sys and some more futures are really nice improvements on fs2002.
If you are not crazy about flying fl2002 I would not buy the new one.

Thanks for the replies guys!

tomthetank: I couldn't get a pm to you, but you can send the screenies to:
b o z o m d ( a t ) h o t m a i l . c o m just skip all the blanks. (Give me 'til 1700 UTC Feb 2 2004 to make sure the address is active...) Thanks again!

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

b o z o m d ( a t ) h o t m a i l . c o m just skip all the blanks. (Give me 'til 1700 UTC Feb 2 2004 to make sure the address is active...) Thanks again!

On the way(sorry im a bit late been working away)

No problem, I'll be right here waiting for you... (Dang...can't get that song out of my head.)

Do you know if it's possible to bring the Sopwith Camel and Corsair from FS2002 to FS2004? I enjoy taking the old Camel for a spin (literally) from time to time.

/Peter

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

tomthetank wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

On the way(sorry im a bit late been working away)

On the way again (all came back as too big)now reduced

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Good news regards your fav aircraft both fly well in Fs9 (with the sop you get a warning that it may not be compatable but it is 😀 )

Two more screenshots on the way

Happy landings

Anonymous wrote:

Hello all!

I'm currently using FS2002, but since hearing about the upgraded weather and airports (runway and taxiway signs etc) in FS2004 I've been thinking about upgrading. I do need your help with a couple of things though.

1) Do you think the difference between FS2002 and FS2004 justifies buying the latter if I already own and love FS2002? Any feedback on the weather, ATC, etc?

2) Could someone please post a screenshot of Karlstad airport in Sweden (ESOK) which is my local airport, so I can see if they upgraded it with signs etc. Even the biggest airport in Sweden lacks signs in FS2002, and I'm worried that the main focus in FS2004 might be on North America and the big international airports. So, any chance of a screenie or two?

Thanks in advance, and I'd also appreciate any comparison between the two to help me decide.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...