I found one at last

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

I like to watch the History Channel. Occasionally I will try to find a place (using FS9) that was portrayed in a recent show. One that was shown recently was about meteors and there effects hitting Earth. Meteor Crater in Arizona was mentioned in this show so I thought I would try to find it. FS2004 does have Meteor Crater included in the program. 😂 I'm sure that was a buring question on everyone's mind. Now answered. Wink

Two others I tried to search out because of various shows done on them are, the Valley of the Kings on the west bank of Luxor. Microsoft decided not to include that in the sim. And the other was the Tunguska event of 1908 in Siberia. Also a no show.

Seems I am pushing my luck now. I realize the Microsoft created FS2004 land masses from satellite photos, however I realize not all places and things could realistically be included. It is fun trying to see if certain places are included in the world of FS2004. 😎

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I watched that program a few days ago. 😀 How do you get to the Arozonia crater? Directions from a VOR maybe? 😕 That would be fun to see it. 😀 Thanks!

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Fly from Arizona's Winslow-Lindbergh Munincipal KINW - Rwy 29. After lift off go to a heading of 256°. After about ten minutes you will see the ridges of the crater. Its location is to the left of the distant mountains. I did fly down into the crater and then out again. No landing though.

The crater actually lies 25 miles west of Winslow and 35 miles east of Flagstaff.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Thanks michlin! 😀 😀 😀 Did you get that PM?

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

You're welcome. What PM?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...