VOR

Pro Member Trainee
Spartan Trainee

I am just learning, via the Training Centre etc. in the game, how to navigate using VOR.

However I am not sure of where you input the frequency of the desired VOR station, whilst sat in the cockpit.

I would be grateful of any help.

Cheers

Spartan

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
BerraTV Trainee

Hello and welcome to Simming! You should have lots of fun. Put the VOR frequency into the NAV-1 Radio. Then on your NAV gauge make sure the switch is pointed to NAV instead of ADF. When you get within range of the NAV station you programed it will swing the arrow toward it. If you do not see the arrow point that way, you are probably too far away...or you have the ADF switch selected on the NAV guage.

Does this helP ❓

Pro Member Trainee
Spartan Trainee

BerraTV

Thanks very much for that it was a big help - I`m used to flying fighters and bombers in IL2 Forgotten Battles (WWII) so something this technical is taking me time to get used to.

Cheers

Spartan

Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

Hello there Spartan,
Its a whole new world in FS9, I have been a Sim user since the days of FS4 and I find it a challange. I use to fly a 737 with unlimited fuel untll last year when I decided to bring in fuel usage into my flying situation. I worked out that on average I use up 5.5 ltr of fuel per mile in a 737, so each flight I now do I now calculate 6ltr per mile (the extra just in case) and on a few accasion I did get the low fuel warning as I was on the phone and missed a waypoint, but I did make it to the airport. So you may be new to FS9 and there is anything you need to know about FS9 just post your questions here as there are lots of users here who will take the time to answer them.

Pro Member Trainee
Spartan Trainee

patw

Thanks very much for the welcome.

Every day I become more amazed at how big this "world" is, and every day I add another dozen or so questions to the list.

I am slowly working my way through the training lessons, and rest assured there WILL be more questions for the community to help me with, if they would like to.

Cheers

Spartan

Zak_Hancock Guest

How can I go to a gate where people can walk on and off because on the training video for it, it shown a gang-way at an airport and I know how to go backwards and I know how to open the door on the aircraft.

NOTE: I an using a Boeing 747-777, please help........

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Dont think there actually are people walking around in the default FS9 scenery.... ?

@ Spartan: I can relate to the "Dozen of questions per day"...😂

nevk Guest

Spartan have a look at this some help on VOR's https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...