Frame rate Fix (to tomthetank)

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

I finally succeeded download the zip file and opened it.
I gate 5 files:
changedcode.xml1
default.xml
lowres_screanshot.jpg
originalcode.xml1
...and some doc file

I have not a slices idea what to do with that
Is some thing missing at the down load?
Please help me out

Thanks Rafi

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest

1.- Backup you original "FS2004\Autogen\default.xml" file.

2.- Extract the zipped "default.xml" file into your "FS2004\Autogen\" folder replacing the original one.

😎

Just in case someone missed it, the Fs2004 Frame rate fix "FPS_Patch_FS9.zip"can be downloaded from
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/766/fs2004-frame-rate-fix/ 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

1.- Backup you original "FS2004\Autogen\default.xml" file.

2.- Extract the zipped "default.xml" file into your "FS2004\Autogen\" folder replacing the original one.

😎

Err yep thats about right
Go to your FS9 folder and find the Autogen folder, inside that is the default.xml rename it to
olddefault.xml or defaultold. and copy in the new patch simpleā€¦.Then start Fs9 goto settings and max everything and see what you think.....If its not to your liking delete the copied patch and rename olddefault to just default. Any probs come back and we will sort them

Oh nearly forgot push your fps upto at least 40(in settings)

Try it and let us know

Happy high frame rate landings

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

That sounded promising!! Worth note it made bugger all difference to me tho. as I'm still getting about 5fps when flying near a city centre (though through the hills it's not too bad).
Win2k, AMD 1700+, 512Mb DDR RAM, GeForce 3.

Anonymous wrote:

Just in case someone missed it, the Fs2004 Frame rate fix "FPS_Patch_FS9.zip"can be downloaded from
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/766/fs2004-frame-rate-fix/ 😎

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

Thanks to all of you friends to forum.
I tryed it. It did helped me with 3-4 frames. My computer ia a relatively old machine (an "alte kake" as they say where I am living") with a 800 MHz MX440 128 DDr Ram and 523 Mg on board.

What I found with performance test (thanks to tomthetank) that the CPU usage is most of the time 100% and maybe that is a limit some how. Is any suggestion (except to by a new computer)? Is it alwayes so with flight sim? I checked at the processes tab and there is nothing unexpected CPU eter.Without the flight sim with Internet I am having 7% CPU usage

Thanks again for all of you.

Pro Member Trainee
wonlee Trainee

Hello everyone First post here 🙂

I have an ATI9800PRO on a amd 3000ghz chip with 1gb of RAM with 250GB of space on a raid 0 system. My problem is I cant get the FPS above 8 fps even if I turn down the option to min I get 8 fps and if i turn everything up to max I get 8fps. Any advise would be great. I have tried changing the default autogen XML file this did nothing.

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Obvious things at first would be make sure you have the latest drivers for your card and also make sure to have the latest DirectX version installed. All these can be downloaded free.

Oh, and for everyone on here it's well worth going to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and getting all the latest patches and bug fixes etc. which is again free 🙂

D.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...